TCT’s The Countless Thanks: Day 12 – Sarah Obermeyer

Over the 15 school days leading up to Thanksgiving, each member of The Central Trend’s staff will release a list of 5-15 people who inspire, motivate, or brighten our days. Today- Day 12- features Sarah Obermeyer and her list of ten people who constantly enhance her day.

1. The Cousins Family – for everything throughout my years in high school

Kristina – You have had such a monumental impact on me, whether or not you know it. I was fortunate enough to have you as a coach for freshman volleyball, and I am the luckiest person alive to have gotten you for another two years coaching me in basketball. You push me so hard in the best way possible. I’ve learned so much about myself that I could never have learned without you. You’ve taught me countless life lessons, and I look up to you so much. Thank you just so much for all that you’ve done for me the past four years. I can’t wait to have one last season with you.

Katelyn – First off, thank you for trusting me to babysit your child. I love Isaiah so much, and he is the most beautiful baby I’ve ever laid eyes on. But moving on from your baby who I’m obsessed with, I am so appreciative of you. I love having you and Kristina in my life, and I love the “twin connection” we have. Thank you for kicking me into shape when you play basketball with us and everything else you do for the program. But most importantly, thank you for always making a connection with all the players. We are all so thankful to have you as part of the basketball program.

Patti – You are such an amazing person, and you do so much for everyone. I will never forget the first time I met you freshman year during volleyball. That year you played, did drills, and ran with us. Three years later and you’re still here doing the exact same thing. You are such a wonderful human. Thank you for always being kinder than you have to be and making everyone laugh and smile.

Holly – Thank you for so many great times. I absolutely adore your children, and they are such a blast to watch. Thank you so much for letting me hang out with them, and thank you for raising such wonderful kids. Thank you for being such a warm, kind person, and overall just admirable.

2. Victoria Wagner – For being unapologetically you.

You are one of the bravest, funniest, and courageous people I know. It has been so great getting to know you the past few years. You’re wonderful. You have such a sense of exactly who you are, and quite frankly, I’m a little jealous of how you always seem so sure of yourself. You always make everyone laugh and make the funny comments everyone is thinking but are too afraid to say. On top of that, you are consistently kind to everyone, and it’s a trait more people need. You are just amazing, thank you.

3. Mrs. Sprys – For loving all the students so much.

FHC is so lucky to have you in the athletic office. You are one of the most kind, patient, and caring staff members in the building. You do so much for everyone and take care of everything in the most timely manner with such grace. You also go above and beyond in regards to supporting all teams. It’s incredible that you go to all the games you do, and we all notice and think it’s incredible. Thank you for letting me come in every day to say hi and grab a piece of candy. Everyone, especially me, appreciates you so much.

4. The Thornton Family – For being the best neighbors/second family a girl could ask for.

Steph – Thank you for always just taking care of me. Throughout the years, you’ve helped me through so much. I have so many great memories of when Jace, Rhea, Em, Mags, and I were all really little thanks to you. I do not understand how you were able to deal with three of the most high energy children all at once; it must be part of your mom magic. Thank you so much for everything. I know I can always talk to you no matter what is going on, and for that, I am forever grateful.

Craig – If you did not live next door, life would be very boring. Thank you for all the jokes and always making me laugh. I can always count on you when I’m in a bad mood to pick me right back up. Not only for the laughs, thank you for supporting me. Ever since I was little, you’ve come to so many of my sports games. It encourages me so much hearing you yell and whistle from the stands cheering me on, and it means more than you know. Just thank you for being you and thanks for having an incredible family.

Rhea – I always call you my sister, and I really mean it. Thank you for always coming over to hang out with me when you don’t have to. You have supported me through so much. Thank you for leaving cards on my front step when I’m sad to encourage me to keep going, thank you for coming over to hang out with me during the good and bad times. Thank you for walking into my house and yelling, “Your fourth sister is home!” without ever knocking. I know your school is far away, but I honestly feel like you’re never that far since we’re always taking. I love you more than I can put into words.

Jace – You would never ever admit it or say it out loud, but you do way more than you take credit for. Whether it’s creating and leading the student section at a girls basketball game that people don’t necessarily want to go to or doing things you don’t want to do in the first place to make others happy. Just thank you. I can’t imagine where I would be without a friendship like yours in my life. You’ve taught me so much. When we were growing up, you toughened me up real quick. I know sometimes we get annoyed with each other, yell at each other and constantly bicker, but thank you for being like a brother to me. I know that no matter what happens, I always have someone to stand up for me and always have my back. Please also know, I always have your back no matter what happens. I am so excited to see everything the future holds for you because you are going to accomplish so much.

Also, I love your dog. Thank you for letting me love Boomer 24/7, and I just appreciate him very much. Thanks for letting me take him in my house when he shows up for one of his surprise visits. I love having an extra house guest.

5. Ashlyn Fitch – For being the biggest, brightest ball of sunshine.

You are one of the most positive people I’ve met in my life. If there is one thing the world needs more of, it’s Ashlyn Fitches. You bring in this incredible attitude every single day and radiate joy. I am so lucky to have you in my section for zero hour, and it is so much fun with you. Thank you for making me feel not so alone all the time. I get overwhelmed sometimes and discouraged when I don’t understand something in Jazz Choir, but you are always encouraging and just overall great. I am so lucky I have gotten to know you better this past year, and I am so excited to spend more time with you this upcoming year.

6. Maddie Paciorek – For all that you do.

I’m going to say something that you already know; sometimes, you do too much. You do too much for everyone around you. Honestly, FHC would not be the place it is today without you. Not only do you make the biggest positive impact on our school, you touch the lives of everyone around you. You’re always thinking and considering the people around you, and you always put everyone above your own needs. You always go and talk to everyone, and it’s appreciated by so many. Your kindness, togetherness, and help have gotten everyone through so much. Thank you for being an incredible leader as well as an incredible person.

7. The Dunn Family – For being there for every step throughout the years

Ms. Meg – You do so much for me and my family. Thanks for always welcoming me into your home and always putting up with my shenanigans. Thank you for helping me when my face was swollen from a sunburn and I couldn’t talk. Thank you for so many fun and great times both with your family and at your house. I’m so glad you’re around to laugh with me and the rest of my family and I’m so glad that I have someone like you in my life to always help.

Mr. Dan – I still cannot believe that you put up with me in your English class in 7th grade. Thank you for dealing with me. Thank you for teaching me so much and always letting me ask you questions on my homework when I’m confused. Thank you also for supporting me and encouraging me. I appreciate the fact that you come to my basketball games and cheer for my team. It really means so much to me.

Brendan – You have helped me so much. You really helped me prepare for high school. You would always give me advice or tell me things I really shouldn’t do, and it’s helped a lot. These past four years would not have gone as smoothly without you and the guidance you showed me.

Ryan – Thank you for being a great friend. I know sometimes I like to make fun of you and give you a hard time, but you’re a great person. You are so kind, funny, and incredibly smart. I have learned so much from you. Thank you so much for helping me create so many wonderful memories throughout the years. I am so excited to watch you play a final season of basketball at FHC, and I can’t wait to see what you end up accomplishing in college.

Sarah – It has been so wonderful watching you grow up. You turned out so much funnier, kinder, and overall just greater than I ever imagined. You have already accomplished so much throughout the years I’ve known you, and I am so excited to see what you accomplish in high school. You are so hard-working, it’s just an incredible trait you have. You are so hilarious, and it’s so fun being around you. Thank you for letting me learn from you as you have grown. You are really going to do some incredible things.

8. Hannah Weinman – For making my mornings just that much brighter.

I am so grateful to have met you. You are one of the most compassionate people I know. You really just care about the people around you and it makes everyone around you feel so loved. Thank you for always being such an understanding and open person. You are such a strong and beautiful soul, and overall you’re absolutely remarkable. I’m so glad I get to start off my day sitting right next to you in the choir room. Every morning is just better with you there.

9. Matis Butlevics – For being the best official unofficial student council member.

I can’t say I know many teenage boys who would attend every single student council event and receive no official recognition by choice. However, you do, and it’s incredible. I must say, I was a little bit shocked when you first came to the meetings and talked about ideas that were actually feasible and inventive. You’ve helped everyone on council so much. Just thank you for all the laughs, great ideas, and fun times. You will always be a “Class of 2018” student council member in my heart.

10. Mrs. Kriekard For pushing me in the direction I needed to go

I was irritating. I look back on my early years, I was overly energetic, sometimes a pain, and very loud (well, I still am loud.) But, you took all of that in stride. You helped me channel all of my energy into my passion for music. Now, I have accomplished more than I ever thought I would musically. You always gave me the extra push to go after music, even if I felt no one was rooting for me. Thank you for listening to younger me rant and rave about different musical artists and always being genuinely interested in what I had to say. You always encouraged me to follow my passions and dreams, and I’m hoping that I can apply my musicals passions into my future career in some way. I really hope that I can make you proud. Thank you for being an incredible teacher, I had such a great time in choir with you and that has impacted my life so much. I can never repay or thank you enough for all that you’ve done me.