• BREAKING NEWS: Last day of school is 6/7 with no days to be added

Girls varsity tennis loses 6-2 to Rockford despite some success from the singles lineup

Jeremy James, Sports Reporter

Despite sophomore Emily Johnson pulling out a win 7-6, 7-6 at 4 singles and junior Andrea Wang winning 6-3, 6-1, no other flight for the Rangers could defeat Rockford; however, senior Emily Benson and junior Isabella Notarnicola pushed the Rams to the limit at 2 doubles.

Emily Benson and Isabella lost 7-5, 7-5 in a back-and-forth match. Besides these two wins and this close match, the Rangers next closest flight got just four games, and that was junior Mandy Ehrlich at 2 singles.

With Rockford being a big school, earning two wins is not a letdown, but before the regional tournament, the girls were looking for a big win to carry some momentum into Saturday.

The regional tournament is being played on Saturday—once again at the Central and Northern courts. To qualify for the state tournament, a team must place first or second or score 18 points.

Jeremy James, Sports Reporter

Jeremy is a sophomore at FHC, and this is his first year writing for Sports Report on The Central Trend. Jeremy participates in tennis during the fall,...