Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire is the great new addition to the Godzilla franchise

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire was a visual masterpiece.

I had very high expectations for Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire, and, not to my surprise, I was absolutely blown away.

Being a movie that is full of giant monsters, the CGI would have to be above and beyond to make Godzilla x Kong realistic and visually satisfying for the full duration of the film. Legendary Entertainment has done an impeccable job with the Godzilla franchise, which includes this movie, creating a whole new world that has become a beloved series of movies. Legendary Entertainment has provided the Godzilla franchise with the level of quality that it needs and deserves to create a whole new world.

The idea of Hollow Earth is that there is a world within ours where the Titans can travel, and humans have very limited access to it without special transportation technology to help transport them through the openings that are on the surface. The fantastical world in which the Titans and other creatures reside is a world of beauty, and the unknown is a visual masterpiece. The level of complexity and realism is second to none, and the highest quality CGI really put this movie over the top, easily making it a top movie of the year.

The fantastical world in which the Titans and other creatures reside is a world of beauty and the unknown is a visual masterpiece.

The stars of the movie were obviously the monsters, and honestly, the people in the film were unnecessary and weren’t essential to the plot. There were definitely parts of the film that required human assistance, such as when Kong needed a robotic hand to help him regain his strength, but overall, the people were unnecessary, and there was an opportunity to not include people at all. For the continuous plot line from movie to movie, the people and involvement of Monarch were a must, but with the power and excellence of the CGI, the monsters alone would have still created a fantastic and entertaining movie.

When it comes to Kong, everyone involved with his production knew exactly what they were doing when it came to emotionally connecting the audience to him. They make him so human-like with his actions and emotions; he was created to care for people and be protective of everything that he cares about. The writing for all of Kong and the other titans’ actions was beautifully written and fulfilled every characteristic and action that the audience would like to see from particular characters.

The acting in the movie wasn’t the worst, but it wasn’t the greatest, either. Ilene Andrews (Rebecca Hall), Bernie Hayes (Brian Tyree Henry), Trapper (Dan Stevens), and Jia (Kaylee Hottle) were the main characters other than the monsters. Other than them, there weren’t many human characters involved in most of the movie. They were all characters that were in Godzilla vs. Kong, besides Trapper, who is a new character. Each of their roles is equally as important in the film, but the writing for the characters and how they fit into the story were not all great. Bernie is the comic relief, providing humor during scary or stressful times. Ilene and Jia are essential for the relationship between humans and Kong, especially Jia, and Trapper is the new character and Kong’s vet.

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire was a fantastic addition to the Godzilla franchise and did not disappoint me. I went into the theater with very high expectations for this movie and left extremely satisfied with how it went. Legendary Entertainment’s insanely amazing graphics always make these movies stand out for their quality of production, and I am very much looking forward to the next one.