Bandtasia invites FHC football players and cheerleaders to attend for free in honor of undefeated season

Nothing gets the student body thrilled like an undefeated football season, and FHC has just that. Supporting the football players are not only the cheerleaders, student section, and parents, but the marching band as well.

For the marching band, this week is Bandtasia week. At 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 17 and Thursday, Oct. 19, the band will be performing their British Invasion show. The beloved Instrument Petting Zoo- where children and attendees are invited to try out the instruments- will be taking place at 6 p.m. before the concert.

At the Thursday show, the band is inviting FHC’s football players and cheerleaders to come for free to celebrate the spectacular season that the football team has had so far.

“The marching band is very excited for the football team [to come],” band parent Patti Baldwin said. “They want to carry the momentum the players have achieved into the Thursday Bandtasia performance.”

The band requests that the football and cheer teams come in their uniforms to amp up the spirit in the room.

“Ms. Zilhaver is inviting football players and cheerleaders to come on stage to sing the fight song at the end,” Baldwin said. “We started the tradition last year by inviting football players and hope to get a lot more there. They will have the whole audience cheering for them as they play their last regular season game, then on to the playoffs.”

I think it emphasizes the closeness of our “Friday Night Community.’ It highlights that we all can come together and support each other.

— Makayla Erdman

Many students are already enthusiastic.

“It sounds like a cool idea,” senior football player Ryan Gast said. “I feel like the atmosphere on stage [when the football team goes up] will be very exciting and fun. I’m going [to see Bandtasia] tomorrow.

Those who are involved in both the band and sports anticipate this coming-together of the entire student body.

“As a cheerleader and a band member, I am really excited to hear that the football and cheer [teams] will be attending Bandtasia,” senior cheerleader and marching band member Makayla Erdman said. “I think it emphasizes the closeness of our “Friday Night Community.’ It highlights that we all can come together and support each other.”