Freshman girls basketball suffers tough loss to EGR 47-36

Last night, the freshman girls basketball team took on the East Grand Rapids Pioneers in what turned out to be a tough loss for the Rangers. The Rangers kept the score close throughout the entirety of the game but ended up falling to the Pioneers by a score of 47-36. 

The first quarter started off as a back-and-forth type of game. The Rangers ended the first only down three with a score of 15-12. Sophomore Madison Wilkins had six of the Rangers 12 points, and freshman Maya Holser had four in the first. By the end of the half, the Rangers were down 33-20 after the Pioneers made a big run in the second. Madison and Maya both had two points in the second quarter, along with freshmen Elizabeth Latunski and Anna Hale who also had two each. 

The third quarter was solid for the Rangers as they went on to score eight points and held the Pioneers to eight points in the third. Despite the score of 41-28 at the end of the third, the Rangers were hanging in the game and causing chaos for the Pioneers. Madison had four more points in the third, and freshman Frankie Sutton got on the board scoring two for the Rangers. In the fourth quarter, the Rangers continued to run the floor against the Pioneers; however, by the end of the game, they were down 47-36. Once again, Madison had four points for the Rangers and was accompanied by Maya and Frankie, who each had two. 

The Rangers will take on the Northview Wildcats this Thursday, January 30. The Wildcats are the only OK White conference team that the Rangers have yet to take on, and if they win, they will be sitting in first place as the first half of conference play comes to a close. The game will take place at home for the Rangers at 5:30 pm.