My letter for the school year

Pau Suan

My first day of school

I can’t believe how much time has already flown by. It feels like the first day of school was only a few days ago—not months ago. I remember the first day of class; I was a clueless turtle gazing at my classmates and the teachers I had—all of them were strangers to me. In my head though, I decided to talk to at least one classmate and see if they’re interested in developing a friendship with me. I’ve made some companions so far, and I know there are still a lot of people out there who I can work with to make company with.

But having friends isn’t the only thing I care about during my high school journey, it’s also about my academic accomplishments and seeing myself grow physically, emotionally, and mentally. I’m thankful for the kindness that each and every person in the school has given to me. A lot of students in my grade have a rich sense of humor and share laughter. For me, laughter is one of the important medicines for my gloomy thoughts.

I could never reject the fact that I’m going to miss the sweet seniors who I’ve met so far. They have been such huge inspirations, and I appreciate all of their efforts to make me feel included. No matter how much, it always brightened my day. I had never been to FHC, so during the first few weeks, I could barely understand my surroundings. The Central Trend staff members were the ones that lifted my spirit up.

One thing I know for sure is that I’m going to miss each and every single person who made my day and has put their values for me to see, as well as understand my values.

They are the ones who encourage me to keep on trying harder when adversity rises higher. Even though the school year had given me some hardships, I also earned some pleasant rewards from it. No matter the ups and downs, the year was by far the best I had. I’m not saying the previous school years were bad, this one just allowed me to experience the darkest moments while still finding a way to bring light and optimism to my day. Those same experiences also taught me to seek my own identity and discover how much that means to me.

I can imagine that one day, when I graduate from FHC, I will continue to express how much the teachers and the students have impacted my life. I also want to leave a legacy for my teachers and peers. So far, the staff members and pupils have given me a comfortable story to write that I keep in my high school “history diary.” One thing I know for sure is that I’m going to miss each and every person who made my day and has put their values for me to see, as well as understand my values. I hope that I’ll make a difference for the people around me in Forest Hills Central High School.

What I know for now is that I have time to write my story, one where the past is refined and the future is bright because I am currently owning a rich amount of memories as well as having many dreams and imaginations.