I am relieved with Biggby’s a little-more-than-mediocre holiday menu

My three favorite things: Biggby, Christmas, and my puppy

If you know me at all, you are aware of how much of an obnoxious person I am. Before you start bashing my personality, chill. When I refer to myself as obnoxious, or words kindred to obnoxious, I am referring only to my stubborn opinion toward celebrating Christmas before Thanksgiving. That’s my one flaw; otherwise, I am quite perfect. So, feel free to refer to me as obnoxious only if you are referring to my pertinacious opinion on the correct time to celebrate this jolly-ho-ho-holiday: Christmas. 

Because of my morals, I have been resisting tasting Biggby’s holiday menu. Not until the day after Thanksgiving was I willing to indulge in their new menu. Okay, maybe I also hesitated because of the trauma I suffered from their fall menu, but in the spirit of Christmas, I decided to bless them with the gift of my opinion. 

Snow Mint Mocha

I can’t express how pleased I am to say I wasn’t disgusted by this drink. It was the first drink I sipped during my Biggby-Holiday-drink-taste-test extravaganza, and I was most definitely scared because of the disappointment from Biggby’s fall beverages. This drink I can only describe as a liquified York; it was extremely minty and therefore most definitely Christmasy. I give it an 8/10—it puts me in the Christmas spirit. 

Peppermint Stick Mocha

If I seemed relieved about the Snow Mint Mocha, that was nothing compared to how I felt about this drink. I had a feeling in the back of my throat that I got lucky with the first drink. Thankfully, I was wrong. This drink is the perfect Christmas beverage for people who don’t like coffee but love the aesthetic of drinking it anyway; the coffee is not a major flavor. It is overpowered—in a good way—by the taste of peppermint and chocolate; the name was not lying. I am not the biggest mint fan, but this drink came close to changing my mind, which is hard to do because I am very set in my ways. It gets a 9/10—the drink tastes like Christmas. 

Avalanche Latte

When I ordered this drink, I felt cool. See what I did there? The name intrigued me, but I did not like not knowing what I was drinking; what does avalanche taste like? Well, now I know it tastes like nothing; it tastes like how I imagine snow was turned into coffee. In the spirit of Christmas, I am choosing not to hate it because it technically doesn’t taste bad. I give it a 4/10—this drink brought down the overall score of the menu. 

Citrus Snow Latte

As a teenage girl, I am prone to judging things before I give them a chance.

As a teenage girl, I am prone to judging things before I give them a chance. This was a conflict I faced with this drink. It didn’t sound appetizing, and it looked unappetizing. I purposely ordered it hot, so I wouldn’t have to see the red color since iced coffee is served in a clear cup. The thing with this drink is that the name made me think of winter and fall; fall is the “citrus” and winter is the “snow.” Inevitably, it was like fall and winter partaking in a war, and I was left with the aftermath. Fall won. I was disappointed considering I was expecting a Christmasy drink. But, it was a drink I believe tea lovers would enjoy. Me on the other hand, not so much. 5/10—It’s a no for me, but it has potential. 

Winter Wonderland

I tasted yummy butterscotch and caramel; according to the ingredients, there is no butterscotch or caramel in this particular drink. So, maybe my opinion is not the most accurate when it comes to this drink, but I can say that it is quite tasty. The nonexistent butterscotch and caramel took me to my grandma’s house. Maybe, according to Biggby, that’s my wonderland. I give it an 8/10, but I may not be the most credible with this one. 

Cookie Butter Latte

I was expecting to be disappointed and hoped that that would keep me from being disappointed; unfortunately, I was still disappointed. Although I don’t necessarily see the holiday spirit in the drink name, I still chose to look past that. I wanted to taste a cookie; I tasted nothing. On the bright side, that means the drink was not bad; it just didn’t put me in the holly-jolly spirit. 6/10—it tasted good overall but was disappointing. 

Tuxedo Muffin 

This muffin was humongous. If I could represent the size of how much I love Christmas through a muffin, it would be this one, but other than that—in my opinion—I don’t understand how it represents Christmas. Similarly to the Cookie Butter Latte, I chose to look past the lack of holly-jollyness. It was undeniably tasty and looked like a tuxedo with its white cream down the middle of the ginormous chocolate body. I give it an 8/10; I should penalize it more for not being Christmasy.

All in all, Biggby’s holiday menu gets an 8/10. Five points for tasting good, two points for being a Santa-clause-sized improvement from their fall menu, and one point because I am in the Christmas spirit and am feeling generous. Happy holidays!