Anyone But You was a perfect balance of rom and com

Glen Powell and Sydney Sweeney are the stars of Anyone But You.

Anyone But You seamlessly blends romance, humor, and emotion into the perfect rom-com.

To start off, I am a fan of Glen Powell. As soon as I saw his face in the trailer, I knew this movie was going to be a must-see. Besides him, my first impression of the movie was that it was going to cause uprises of laughter in the theater along with the emotions felt because of a romance movie.

One of the standout features of Anyone But You is its exceptional cast. The likability of the lead actors, Sydney Sweeney and Glen Powell, created an exciting and amusing movie that I could watch over and over. With an enemies-to-lovers style plot, this movie had emotional ups and downs with an extremely satisfying ending.

After not expecting to see each other after a single night spent together, Bea (Sweeney) and Ben (Powell) did not expect to have to cross paths ever again. That was until Bea’s sister, Halle (Hadley Robinson), and Halle’s fiancee, Claudia (Alexandra Shipp), turned out to have ties with Ben. So when it came to their wedding, Bea and Ben were forced to spend time with each other and eventually, despite hating each other, had to fake being in love in an attempt to get what both of them individually wanted.

The dialogue and plot of Anyone But You were witty and clever, delivering lines and scenes that caused the audience to laugh together throughout the movie.

The dialogue and plot of Anyone But You were witty and clever, delivering lines and scenes that caused the audience to laugh together throughout the movie. At the same time, the script doesn’t shy away from exploring deeper emotions, giving excellent personalities to the characters, and connecting the viewer with the movie. The balance between humor and heart in the writing is superb, making Anyone But You stand out to me compared to many of the other romcoms I’ve seen.

The cinematography of the film is another aspect that deserves praise. It captures the beautiful locations of Australia with some particularly breathtaking shots, creating an overall high visual appeal of the movie. From charming cityscapes to jungle scenes, the cinematography elevates the film with visually stunning components.

The supporting cast also plays a crucial role in the movie since those characters are why Bea and Ben come back together. Characters portrayed by actors like Dermot Mulroney and Alexandra Shipp add more familiarity with their recognizable faces, while also providing both extra comedic relief and more deep layers into the story. The cast works seamlessly together, creating a messy and beautiful time before, during, and after a wedding.

Beyond its entertainment value, Anyone But You also delivers a wonderfully written enemies-to-lovers story and the unpredictability of love. I have found it to be a must-watch for anyone seeking a feel-good romantic comedy.

With its stellar cast, well-written script, captivating plot, and heartwarming love story, Anyone But You has stood out far more than anything else I have watched in the world of romantic cinema. The team behind the movie has created a film that not only entertains but brings out feelings of joy and shows the high excellence of what romcoms can be.