Benson Boone’s new album Fireworks & Rollerblades was breathtaking

Benson Boone’s album cover

Over the past few years, I’ve been listening to some of Benson Boone’s music. I hadn’t really done a lot of listening to him recently, but I was going through the stories on Instagram, and I saw he wrote a new album called Fireworks & Rollerblades, so I decided to listen to it. While listening to it, I picked out a few of my favorite songs from the album and decided to write this review about them.

“Beautiful Things”

Out of all of the songs on the album, this is the one that I’ve heard the most, aside from “Ghost Town.” When I first heard this song, I thought it was a pretty good song, but it ended up becoming overplayed and boring because of how much I listened to it. I heard it on the radio, on Instagram, and in random restaurants and stores. It got tiring. It’s an incredibly good song, I just wish it wasn’t played so often.  

“Friend”

I hadn’t heard this song until I listened to the entire album. I think this one is my favorite of all of the songs. It’s relatable, and the lyrics are incredible. This song is repetitive, but not the type of repetitive that gets annoying. Another thing I like about the song is that at the very end of the song, it starts to get a more acoustic-type sound, which adds so much more emotion to it. This song truly is beautiful, and it’s fun to sit and listen to.

“Slow It Down”

When I was listening to the playlist, I definitely recognized this song, but I didn’t know it too well. Now that I’ve listened to it more, I think it’s a beautiful song, and it feels like he shows his voice off in it. This one is also quite repetitive but, once again, in a style where it doesn’t get annoying. It’s a beautiful song, and it’s one of the best songs on the playlist.

I hadn’t been paying too much attention to the music, but when I heard this one, I immediately had to see what it was called, so I could add it to playlists and to add it to my list of songs to review.

“Love Of Mine”

I was mindlessly listening to the album while scrolling through my phone, and it came to this song. I hadn’t been paying too much attention to the music, but when I heard this one, I immediately had to see what it was called, so I could add it to playlists and to add it to my list of songs to review. I love the style of this song, and it seems like he put a lot of thought into the lyrics. This song is so astonishingly beautiful, and I love it.

Overall, this album is amazing. The lyrics are absolutely beautiful, and they flow so well in every song. His music gets better and better with every album, and he definitely deserves all of the hype he’s getting. This album is relatable and honestly breathtaking. I can’t seem to get over how much I love the lyrics to every single song on this album, and it was so hard to pick just a few to write about. It’s so fun to listen to, and I loved everything about it. The vibes were incredible, and it’s one of the best albums I’ve listened to recently. I highly recommend giving it a listen because it is incredibly astounding.