My word of the day: questions

Pinterest
A question mark for the thousands of questions that I ask per day.

Every day, my mind is flooded with questions.

I sit in class overwhelmed with so many thoughts and questions that it makes it impossible to pay attention to things I really should be paying attention to. I shouldn’t need to pay attention to the questions in mind because the questions don’t matter.

When I have one question, it just leads to another question, which ends up leading to more and more questions coursing through my mind that I can’t seem to stop. The questions about the future are what distract me the most. I wonder what will happen, but I’ll never be able to guess the answer because of the countless possibilities. The countless things that I know could happen are what worry me, but I’ll never get the answer until it happens. I’ll never get to come back and tell myself what happens. Instead, I have to just sit here and wonder. What is going to happen?

The fear and anxiety of knowing the truth is holding me back because what if I don’t want to know?

I have questions about the past that I wish I could know the answer to. If I just asked I could know, but there’s something holding me back from that. The fear and anxiety of knowing the truth is holding me back because what if I don’t want to know? What if I find out the truth and don’t like it? The questions about the past lead to the what-ifs and the whys. They lead to more and more questions that I end up overwhelming myself with. Do I want to know the answers? Do I want to know why?

I despise the innumerable questions because they’ll never all be answered. The number of questions grows every single day, and if I said them all aloud, I wouldn’t have enough time or breath to speak them all. Why do they have to remain unanswered?

I wish I could shout all of my questions out. I feel as though my mind will shatter if it’s filled with more and more questions as the day goes on. I can’t comprehend the things I need to know because of the hundreds of thousands of questions just wondering why. I would do anything to scream my questions to the sky. I want to get rid of the huge plethora of questions.

There are hundreds of things I wish I could know. Maybe if I had the wisdom, I would be able to answer some of my countless questions. Would more things make sense if I knew as much as everyone else? Would I have made a better decision or would I have done the same thing? Would I be able to answer more of my questions?

Throughout this column, I added just nine of my thousands of questions. One question I asked led to another. None of the questions I’ve asked can be answered, and I don’t think they ever will. I just wish I could get an answer.