Listening to Alexander Stewart’s album bleeding heart was an amazing experience

The bleeding hearts album cover
Spotify
The bleeding hearts album cover

For the past few months, I’ve been obsessing over the song “blame’s on me” by Alexander Stewart. I had thought it was just a single until I opened Spotify the other day and saw that an album by Stewart named bleeding heart was released. I opened the album to see what songs were on it, and I saw the song sitting near the middle. I immediately got incredibly excited because I had hope that the others would be just like “blame’s on me,” and I’m happy to say that I was not disappointed. 

“blame’s on me”

As I’ve already mentioned, I’ve been listening to this one for months. Stewart states that the song was originally written about a breakup that he went through, but I like to interpret it as more of a friendship thing. I ended up randomly coming across it when I was listening to a random playlist I found on Spotify, and I almost immediately fell in love with it. There’s nothing negative I could say about this song because it’s fun to listen to and fun to sing, and he has an amazing voice. The song starts incredibly calm, and towards the end of the song, it slowly gets a little more of a higher energy. When I listen to it, it’s like I can feel the emotions that he put into the song, and it’s truly an amazing song.

“proud of me”

While “proud of me” has a different vibe than “blame’s on me,” it’s still one of my favorites on this already incredible album. Stewart said that this song is about his lakehouse that he grew up in. He hadn’t gone for five years until he ended up going about a year ago. He stated that while he was there, he started thinking about how the last time he was there was when he was 17 and how he hoped his past self was proud of him. This song is one of my favorites because it feels like almost everybody can relate to it. His lyric, “All I wanted was to grow up / But growing up has got the better half of me” is relatable to me because when I was in elementary school, I couldn’t wait to be older. I had always been looking forward to the next birthday, but now, I’m getting closer and closer to the bigger things. Because the song is so relatable, I’ve fallen in love with it.

Because the song is so relatable, I’ve fallen in love with it.

“easier said than done”

I like this song because I, once again, feel like it’s pretty relatable. He sings about moving on and how hard it is to move on. I think anyone can relate to it, whether it’s because of friendships or relationships, and it truly is a beautiful song. I think the lyrics are incredibly creative, and they truly are immensely relatable. This one was up in my top three favorites because of the emotion that he put into it, and I can tell that he worked incredibly hard on it.

This album truly was beautiful. It was like I could feel his emotions through the songs because of his passion and the lyrics. He’s an amazing artist, and his voice adds so much to the songs. This whole album was amazing to listen to, and it can be relatable to almost anyone.