Top 10 Highest Scoring Performances in the NBA

Alaina Tubbs

More stories from Alaina Tubbs

Top 5 under the radar
November 15, 2018

10. Devin Booker At 20 years old, Booker, who plays for the Phoenix Suns was able to score 70 points in one game against the Celtics. On the night he had a total of 70 points, 8 rebounds, and 6 assists. Unfortunately, they still lost the game 130-120.

10. Wilt Chamberlain While on the Golden State Warriors from 1961 to 1963, Chamberlain scored over 70 points in six games, tying him with Booker for the tenth spot but also putting himself on this list 6 times. Likewise to the Suns, they still lost the game 163-148.

8. David Robinson In 1994, Robinson who played for the Spurs, scored 71 points on the final game of the 94a�� to take the scoring title out of Shaquille O’Neal’s hands; barely earning the title, beating him 29.8 ppg to 29.3 ppg. Not only did he take the title but the team took the win 112-97.

8. Elgin Baylor At the time, Baylor’s 71 point performance was an NBA record. The Lakers defeated the Knicks 123-108 that night.

7. Wilt Chamberlain Once again on the list, Chamberlain scored 72 points this time against the Lakers, yet his team still lost once again, 127-115.

4. David Thompson Tying with Chamberlain for the fourth spot, Thompson was able to score 73 points. This scoring rampage still didn’t bring him the scoring title. George Gervin from the Spurs beat him by an astoundingly close .07 points, the closest in NBA history, 27.22 ppg to 27.15 ppg.

4. Wilt Chamberlain With a win at Madison Square Garden over the Knicks in 1962, Chamberlain beat his closest record of 72 by one for 73, just two weeks after.

Wilt Chamberlain He once again scored an absurd amount of points in a game, this time being 73. This time, though, he was given a bonus by actually winning the game 135-117 against the Packers in 1962. He was then able to score 63 points in the next game against the Celtics.

3 Wilt Chamberlain After 3 overtimes, Chamberlain once again lost a game where he got a crazy amount of points, this time being 78! After this game, from December 16-29 1961, he was able to score 50 points in seven straight games

2. Kobe Bryant Playing against the Toronto Raptors in 2006, Bryant scored 81 points to beat them 122-104

1. Wilt Chamberlain Once again on the list this time for the final spot is Chamberlain who scored 100 points against the Knicks for a 169-147 victory. Although he was just a 51% free throw shooter, he shot 87% on his free throws on this historic night to make for 28 of his points.

Alaina Tubbs, Sports Reporter

Alaina Tubbs is a senior going into her third year on the Central Trend staff as a sports reporter. In her free time she enjoys listening to music, bouldering,...