FHC crew finishes off season with great showing in regatta in Ontario, Canada

The Forest Hills Central crew team finished its season this past weekend as they competed in the Canadian Secondary School Rowing Championships at St. Catharine’s school in Ontario, Canada, competing against nearly 130 other schools.

The Rangers rowed extremely well, and they were able to make the semifinals of 4 different events. The Boys junior 4 boat, consisting of freshman Ian Hall, Kevin Mcpoland, Jack Woods, Roman Kalaczinski, and coxswain Korbin Thompson was able to reach the semis. The girls junior 4 boat of sophomores Abigail Cool, Valerie Greenwood, Delaney Niswonger, Alaina Briggs, and coxswain Megan Cushman was also able to reach the semifinals.

Two other Ranger boats not only reached the semifinals but were also able to reach the final round. The girls junior lightweight 8 boat of freshman Erin Murphy, Rylee Veneklase, Alyssa Cheslek, Olivia Dewald, Julianna Hahn, Bella Long, Hannah Alm, Jessica Doyel, and coxswain Holly Mclenithan took 4th place. Taking fifth place was the junior boys lightweight 4 boat, consisting of Ian, sophomores Ben Busch, Caleb Scholtens, Tanner Wooden, and Korbin as the coxswain.

The Rangers finish off yet another successful season with a great showing at a premier regatta. Despite losing some seniors, FHC will return a lot of strong rowers for next season.