FHC Freshmen Volleyball Gets Revenge on Rival FHN

After losing earlier in the year to rivals FHN, the FHC freshman volleyball team won in dominant fashion Thursday night. The Rangers were able to make quick work of the match by winning each of the first two sets. The first set score was 25-10, and the second 25-20.

Freshman Ashlyn Korpak believes the key to this one had not to do with individual play, but team chemistry.

“We melded really well as a team,” Ashlyn said. “We’ve been playing very divided, and we really came together as a team tonight.”

They got off to a hot start right out of the gates and never seemed to miss a beat from there on out.

“We focused well; we really wanted to win this game after losing to them before,” said freshmen Jordan Helm. “We just worked super hard to get the win.”

The Rangers were clearly the more motivated team tonight, as they played with more emotion than their opponents. They had a motive going in and that was to bounce back against their rivals. Jordan talked about what it means to win a game like this rather than a normal game.

“You get a lot louder, and the win just feels a lot better than beating a team you usually beat,” Jordan said.

The Rangers were definitely loud all match, and you could tell their team chemistry was high. Freshman Mandy Ehrlich knows that chemistry was what the Rangers needed against a strong Huskies team.

“We came together tonight by communicating well on the court and really playing well together,” Mandy said.

As for the rest of the season, Mandy believes there are a few things they need to work on to maintain success.

“We need to continue to get closer as a team,” Mandy said. “If we do that, then we can win more games and succeed together.”

They will look to continue their success in their next match on October 13.