TCT’s The Countless Thanks 2023: Addie McDowell

Thank you to every single person mentioned. I love every single one of you and I don’t know what I’d do without you.

Audrey Milanowski, for being someone I can lean on. 

Thank you so much for everything. I am so thankful that we met each other this year because I don’t know what I’d do without you. If I need a hug I can always come to you and you’re always somebody I can lean on. You’re there for me if I need you and I am so thankful for that. I had so much fun doing stage crew during the school play and I’m so excited for the musical. I’m seriously so glad we met and so thankful for you. 

Lili Townes, for just being there

I’ve known you for two years and I am so thankful for every single one of those days. I know I can talk to you no matter what. You’re always there and I don’t know what I’d do without you. Thank you for convincing me to do stage crew and I love you so much.

Micah McClarty and Kathryn Campbell, for being part of the freshman trio

I think we definitely annoy the class together by laughing so hard. I’m so glad we all took this class together because I probably wouldn’t know you guys without it. Thank you so much for being someone to talk to when I didn’t have any friends in this class. I’m so thankful for both of you.

Aubrey Hibma and Kylie Hatfield, for doing stage crew

I had so much fun doing stage crew with you guys. Aubrey, it was so fun watching movies together backstage while waiting for our cues and also sharing our jug of chocolate milk. I’m so glad we got close again. Kylie, you never failed to make me laugh and you’re so fun to be around. Thank you both so much. I’m so glad we both did stage crew because I wouldn’t be as close with you if we didn’t.

Abby McConnell, for the crying from laughing so hard

I will never forget the time in English when we just couldn’t stop laughing. We had a sub that day and were reading the short story and just couldn’t stop laughing. We kept adding on to our jokes and we couldn’t shut up. That sub definitely hates us, but I will always love crying from laughing with you. When someone does magic tricks– that we were sure wouldn’t work but did– or when something only slightly funny happens, I will always love crying from laughter with you. Thank you for being there for me no matter what and never failing to make me laugh. I’m so thankful for everything you’ve done for me. Thank you for being someone I can talk to and laugh with.

My family, for literally everything

Mom, thank you for helping me with homework, and thank you for the time we spend watching a show after dinner up until we need to go to bed. Thank you for raising me to be who I am today, I’m so grateful for it all. Dad, you’re there if I need someone to talk to when it’s extremely late. If I can’t sleep I can come downstairs and you’ll tell me stories from when you were a kid. Thank you for being there to calm me down when I get anxious, I’m so thankful for everything. Ellie, I really miss our car adventures. You leaving for college was the day I had been dreading for the longest time, but now I have something to look forward to. You coming home. I really loved our random spontaneous adventures and I’ll always be grateful for that. Megan, you’re someone I can talk to if I need advice and I’m so thankful for that. I love seeing you randomly in the hallways and after fifth hour, and I’m going to miss that next semester.

Mr. George, for everything this semester

Mr. George. You have encouraged me so much this semester and I can’t thank you enough. Your almost daily “Welcome Home” and just being someone I can talk to makes me feel like room 139 is the safest place on earth. I know you’d do almost anything for every single one of your students and I can’t explain how much I appreciate you. I know I can walk into room 139 anytime and you wouldn’t get mad. Thank you for literally everything Mr George I can’t explain how much I appreciate you. 

Honorable Mentions:

Ruthie Bray, for being someone who can make me smile every day. Cora Beels, for helping make English even somewhat tolerable. Room 139, for being a safe space for me. The RMB trumpet section, for letting me be a trumpet even though I really wasn’t. Dylan, I’m going to miss you next year. Thank you for letting me come to Culvers with you guys. Gianna Davidson, for my (almost) daily hugs. Gia Monterusso, for always saying hi to me in the hallways. Yahvi Patel, for being someone to talk to across the room during band. Rowan Szpieg, for making me laugh during fifth hour every single day. Micah McClarty, for encouraging me in WFP and for being someone I can complain with. Alex Smith, for being someone I can talk to and for convincing me to join the stage crew. Cameron Penner, for the random conversations in the hallways, and for convincing me to do TCT. Autumn Vansolkema, for our McDonald’s trips. Lucy Yoder, for the smiles in the hallways.

Cast and crew from The Curious Savage:

Abby McConnell, Audrey Milanowski, Annaliese Hoffmann, Lili Townes, Kylie Hatfield, Aubrey Hibma, and Yahvi Patel, for being the most entertaining people on earth. Lily Bouma and Megan Boersema, for waving at me across the stage. Emalea Rooke, for being okay with me randomly barging into the dressing room. Henry Schwarze, Jake Barnes, and Aiden Verwolf, for making the cast and crew party weirdly entertaining. Alex Smith, for letting me annoy you during the show. Jordan Fletcher and Harris Ward, for being weirdly entertaining when I hung out at the sound booth before the play. Alex Fletcher, for being something to make me smile during the play. Gia Monterusso, for always asking how I’m doing. Micah McClarty, for talking to me 24/7. Sully Lower, Jonathan Mossner, and Toby Cameron, for making everyone laugh while we were all bored. Audrey VanSkiver, for being the sweetest person on earth

View Comments (1)
Addie McDowell
Addie McDowell, Staff Writer
Addie is a freshman entering her first year on The Central Trend. She is so excited to become a staff member, and can't wait to write more stories. She's wanted to become a writer on The Central Trend since the beginning of her eighth-grade year because of her love for writing and is so excited to publish some of her stories. In her free time, Addie enjoys listening to music, writing in her notes app, and hanging out with her friends.   Her favorite thing to drink: Slushies (specifically from Speedway) Her favorite season: Fall. The best part of fall is definitely the mini pumpkins. Her comfort Disney movies: Tangled or Mulan Favorite food: Watermelon

• M

Micah McClartyNov 20, 2023 at 12:50 pm

Aww, thank you so much, Addie! You are just a little bundle of joy!

Reply