Elf’s release of their Camo Liquid Blush has a lot to leave to the imagination

A display of how Elf’s Camo Liquid Blush appears on different skin tones.

With the craze of liquid blushes at its peak, Elf has decided to strike again with yet another famous duplicate: the Elf Camo Liquid Blush.

It has been unclear as to which popular liquid blush Elf has tried to recreate, but for my study, I have compared it to the Rare Beauty Soft Pinch Liquid Blush. 

Although I didn’t get the same shade, I was still able to test both the longevity and appearance of the two in comparison. For the Elf Camo Liquid Blush, I got the shade Comin’ In Hot Pink, and for the Rare Beauty Soft Pinch Liquid Blush, I have the shade Hope. 

While the Rare Beauty blush has been a staple in my everyday routine, the Elf one didn’t do too bad in comparison. The formulas seemed alike enough to where they could be categorized as duplicates of one another. 

One distinctive difference between the two would definitely be the blend-ability of the product. The Rare Beauty blush blends effortlessly into the skin, whereas the Elf one needs a little more effort. Alongside the differences in blending, the Elf blush also gives off the feeling that it dries down into the skin much faster, making it seem harder to blend due to having to blend it into the skin almost instantly. 

Another small comparative trait is the packing of each product, specifically the applicator. The Rare Beauty blush has a more doe-footed shape to it, while the Elf one has a more rounded shape. The rounded applicator doesn’t transfer as much product when applying, making the user need to put extra effort when doing their makeup. 

When looking at the product on its own, it is a much more affordable option. Its retail price comes out to be $7, compared to $23. It was designed to give a dewy appearance, which was done very well. Along with being dewy, it is very pigmented, making the issue of transferring less tragic. The blush was made for all skin types—dry, oily, and combination—leading to a diverse usage of the product. 

Overall, I think that Elf did a good job with this product, but I do not think I would buy it again.

Like all other Elf products, this blush was made free of phthalates, parabens, nonylphenol ethoxylates, triclosan, triclocarban, and hydroquinone, making it good for the skin as well. It comes in a whopping nine color selections with a variety of colors. They have colors such as Peach Perfect, Dusty Rosé, Suave Mauve, Coral Crush, Gorg Orange, Berry Well, Bronze Bombshell, and, my personal favorite, Comin’ In Hot Pink. 

The advertisement of the product is another good example of how Elf catches people’s attention with their new items. I found out about the product’s release through TikTok, as I do with many of Elf’s products. The advertisement in itself was similar to most of the company’s other videos, which made me a little less interested in trying it due to the boringness. It made me think that I was just rewatching another one of their product ads months after its release. 

On a much better note, Elf’s website has displayed the blush’s appearance on a variety of skin tones, making it much easier for customers to assume the look on themselves. Not only did they display the look on many skin tones, but they also showed the blush’s buildability on the face. The picture shown has side-by-side comparisons of how the face would look naturally, with only one coat, and with a second coat. It allowed me to see how well the blush would look if I put more on my face than normal. 

Overall, I think that Elf did a good job with this product, but I do not think I would buy it again; I much prefer the original creator for more reasons than none. In my opinion, if a person had a choice between buying the Rare Beauty Soft Pinch Liquid Blush and the Elf Camo Liquid Blush, I would definitely stick to the latter option.