I utterly adore the “lippies” craze

The+best+new+lip+products+
The best new lip products

Whether it be through the Summer Fridays Lip Butter Balm, Dior Addict Lip Glow Oil, Tower 28 ShineOn Lip Jelly, or Lanolips 101 Ointment, people all over the world are taking lip care to the next level.

There is no feeling like putting something on your lips when they are dry or even when you just want to spice up your look.

All over TikTok, there have been videos of girls filling their purses with lip products whenever they go out, and I can most definitely say that I am one of those girls. I have been convinced to buy a new lip product whenever I step foot into a beauty store, and sometimes I even buy more than one. 

Nothing shows girlhood like asking a friend, “Do you have a lipgloss I can borrow?” and most times, they have a product to go around. 

I am usually not one for “following the trends,” but this one has consumed my soul and drained my bank account. However, some products are amazing despite their low price. Any lip products released by Elf, NYX, and Makeup Revolution have taken my heart and glossed my lips to a perfect, shiny amount.

Adding a pop of color to the lips can change the way a person’s face looks dramatically. Women have been adding lipstick to their makeup for years, showing maturity and beauty. Invented by the ancient Sumerians, people have crushed red rocks into a fine powder since 3500 BC to “express inner beauty with outer self.”

This has been the year for lips.

When looking throughout history, many of the most famous women who have ever lived were always rocking a noticeable lip look. Marylin Monroe, Taylor Swift, and Emma Watson are prime examples of how much the world pays attention to the way one styles their lips. The popularity of these women has also dramatically increased the use of lip color, further showing the importance.

Although the use of plain lipstick has declined, brands have been coming up with so many different lip products: lip balm, gloss, oil, plumper, liner, and so much more. This has been the year for lips. 

Taking this winter weather into consideration, the constant use of lip products can overall increase the health and look of the lips. This dry, cold air can take a toll on a person’s mouth, causing dry lips and chapping, and society has adapted to such climates by the application of moisturizing lip products. Especially given that most lip products nowadays include SPF in their formulas.

Even the basics are making a comeback into the makeup world. Burt’s Bees, Aquaphor, and Vaseline have taken over as a staple in plain application and nighttime routines. In my experience, the addition of Aquaphor into my skincare routine has ensured my streak of un-chapped lips.

The “lippie” trend has shown how it is not only important to give lips the health and moisture they deserve, but also a form of expression for people throughout the world. Having lipgloss in hand is such a simple and effective way to show femininity and self-expression. I can never be caught without a lip product in arms reach, and I have TikTok to thank for that.