Here are my four favorite products for a perfect summer makeup look

a+side+by+side+comparison+of+winter+vs+summer+makeup+from+a+tik+tok+influencer+
a side by side comparison of winter vs summer makeup from a tik tok influencer

Summer is just around and corner, and with it getting warmer outside makeup users are switching out their products to suit their skin’s needs during the summer months. 

Whether it’s switching shades or dropping products entirely, summer makeup routines are set to give a very minimalist and glowy look to the face, all while enhancing the natural tan and blushed pigmentation the sun gives you during the summer days. People go from wearing heavy bases and powders to make up for the lack of color they have during the winter months, but as soon as the sun comes out, they begin to set aside formulas and substitute in lighter bases and use minimal products. 

As someone who loves the feeling of a light and natural look that still makes you feel put together, I have found my favorite products that will stay with me in the upcoming months and give me the perfect summer look. 

Loreal True Match Lumi Glowtion

My first discovery of this product was when my TikTok For You page was overflowing with videos explaining dupes for the Drunk Elephant D-Bronzi drops as it is a cheaper more affordable substitute for them. This product comes in multiple different shades and can be used for different results. If you’re only looking to give your skin a natural glow, you can pick up a shade closer to your skin tone, but, if you’re looking to obtain both a glow and a slight tan look you may opt for a darker shade that you can easily mix with your favorite moisturizer. The Lumi Glowton is a lightweight product that has left my skin with such a perfect and natural tan look all while making it feel like I’m wearing nothing on my skin. 

The pigmentation of this stick is very natural and doesn’t leave an overwhelming color on your face, allowing you to obtain a perfect shade of sun-kissed pink. 

Milk Makeup Creme Blush Stick

Having a post-beach sun-kissed look on my face is one of my favorite things, and this blush has given me just that. It is very easy to apply as it comes in a twist-up style package that allows you to simply swipe the color on the desired areas of your face; along with this, this blush stick doubles as a lip product and can be used as a way to bring a slightly pink color to your lips. The pigmentation of this stick is very natural and doesn’t leave an overwhelming color on your face, allowing you to obtain a perfect shade of sun-kissed pink. 

Loreal Telescopic Mascara: Waterproof 

Mascara is an essential product in all makeup routines no matter the season. While during the winter I typically use a volumizing mascara by this brand, during the summer I often switch to the Telescopic formula. In my experience, this mascara gives more of a wispy and lengthening effect, resulting in a simple lash look. I also only usually pick up the waterproof formula during the summer because of the amount of time I spend in and out of the water I know I will not have to worry about smudging or flacking. 

Aquaphor

Aquaphor is probably the most universal product I have ever used and I love it. They have many different forms and one that I love using during the summer is their tube with SPF to ensure that my lips do not get dry or sunburnt. On days that I do not want to wear mascara, I will simply curl my lashes and apply the original Aquaphor formula on top of them to still feel like I’m wearing something. And if at any point my skin begins to dry out, I can smooth the balm on my face to keep it moisturized with minimal products and still be able to get a natural shining look. 

The easy look that summer makeup holds is something that I for one look forward to all year, and now that I have found the perfect products to give me this look, I cannot help but count down the days til summer.