A junior’s journal: When Emma Falls In Love

Pinterest
When Emma falls in love, she never falls out of it.

When Emma falls in love, she falls hard. She falls fast. She topples into an abyss of longing and wonder and hopes that it lasts forever. She does everything she can to never lose it—everything she can to not let it get taken away. She clings too tight to that feeling, and she suffocates it. She’s always the reason it never stays.

When Emma falls in love, it’s never the right time. She always falls for the wrong one. The one who’s not ready. The one who’s already fallen. The one who never will. But she hopes she can change that. She hopes she can be the one to make them ready. But she never is.

When Emma falls in love, she loses herself. She becomes someone else—someone that they want her to be, not someone she wants to be. She changes the very fibers of herself to be whatever they want—to do anything to make them stay. She does what it takes without a thought to what she’s losing.

When Emma falls in love she’s never happier. And that is worth it all.

When Emma falls in love, it’s not hard to see. She giggles and blushes. She worries and frets. She loses her mind and doesn’t hide it at all. She tries to hide it because she doesn’t want anyone to know she’s irrevocably in love, but she’s not very good at it. Her smile says it all. Once glance and you know she’s in love. She can’t hide it.

When Emma falls in love, it ends in tears. Always. She gets in too deep, too hard, and too far. And no one else does, so she drowns in it alone, and she has to save herself. The pain that comes with that can be unbearable. It can be the worst pain ever. But it also can be the greatest joy, and the line between the two gets crossed too often. She doesn’t know the difference sometimes.

When Emma falls in love, she never falls out of it. She never forgets. She remembers everything about them, and she never lets them go. She gives out tiny pieces of herself each time, and she doesn’t have the heart to take them back, so she slowly gets split among everyone. She’s starting to realize that it’s a problem. She takes tiny pieces of everyone with her as well, so she never really knows what is truly hers and what parts of her are actually a part of someone else. Maybe she’ll never know.

When Emma falls in love, she never forgives herself. She can’t forgive that she lets herself go. She can’t forgive that she’s slowly withering away. But she also can’t stop. She loves so hard that not having that part of her hurts more than when she loses it. She can’t forgive herself, but she’ll also never stop.

When Emma falls in love, she’s never happier. And that is worth it all.