Avengers: Infinity War ruined my life and I’m okay with it

As an avid Marvel fan, I had waited for Avengers: Infinity War since the moment mere rumors of the film began showing up on social media. The preparation for the movie, the theories that I read and created,  and the overall anticipation for the film was nowhere near enough once I sat down in that movie theatre.

I walked into the movie theatre only slightly worried because my friend had seen it a few hours before I had, and she had gone through a whole whirlwind of emotions after exiting the theatre. The moment the opening of the movie began playing, I knew everything I had expected to happen wasn’t on the same level as the real thing.

The theatre was packed, as was expected for an opening weekend of another major Marvel film; although, this particular one made history with the largest opening weekend recorded to date.

As a warning, it’s hard to explain the movie without giving away too much of the plot, and it’s also hard not to accidentally spoil past Marvel movies in the process.

Infinity War comes a few years after the conclusion to Captain America: Civil War in which the broken up team of heroes went into hiding or “retired.” Peter Parker (Tom Holland) is attending school, Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) is still a genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist – as he claimed in the first Avengers movie – and fixing his relationship with Pepper Potts (Gwyneth Paltrow), and Steve Rogers (Chris Evans) has wiped off the face of the Earth since he became a war criminal.

The main antagonist is, of course, the mad titan Thanos (Josh Brolin) who is in search of the six infinity stones, but when he’s introduced, he has already accumulated one that was formerly guarded by the Nova Corps. Thanos’ quest for the stones is driven solely by his belief that eliminating half of the universe will relieve the other half of starvation, poverty, and other issues.

The movie ties together The Guardians of the Galaxy as well as The Avengers so easily, and the amount of action throughout the film is astounding. There are so many iconic and huge actors/actresses integrated into this single – almost three hour long – movie, and they represent their characters so well as they try to prevent the end of not just Earth but also the rest of the universe.

The quality of filming is seamless, as is expected with the budget given. Thanos and all other CGI characters like the Hulk look realistic to the point where you can’t tell when compared to real characters like Bucky Barnes (Sebastian Stan). A few scenes are a bit lower quality than the rest, particularly one that involves Loki (Tom Hiddleston).

Avengers: Infinity War is quite possibly one of the most ambitious movies created. There are so many iconic actors and actresses, and there are so many storylines that ultimately tie together and form this single, monstrous movie with action, drama, and cleverly placed humor. While I had to wait a long time to see it, I can’t find a reason to complain.