Girls swim and dive defeats the Grand Rapids Catholic Central Cougars 113-72

Haisley Turnquist

More stories from Haisley Turnquist

Top 5 breakout seasons
November 13, 2018
Top 5 dynamic duos
November 6, 2018

The Lady Ranger swim and dive team put up a good fight against the Cougars last night. Both the swim team and the dive team put up great scores to defeat the Cougars 113-72.

A key swimmer in this meet was senior Jessica Schellenboom who first in the 200-yard Freestyle along with freshman Maggie Hier placing second. Jessica Schellenboom also helped senior Kara Bolger, sophomore Emily Johnson, and senior Jayla Williams win the 200-yard Freestyle Relay. Emily Johnson placed first in the 100-yard Freestyle and also helped lead the Medley Relay team, which included sophomore Sarah Chesner, junior Sarah Schenck, and junior Maggie Zorn (who also placed second in the 100-yard Freestyle). In the 500-yard Freestyle, sophomore Ellie Field placed first and junior Hailee Sincerbeaux placed second. These two also helped junior Olivia Luplow and freshman Jessica Doyel win the 400-yard Freestyle Relay. Jessica Doyel also helped the team by placing second in both the 50-yard Freestyle and 100-yard Butterfly (along with senior Katie Johnson placing second). Olivia Luplow also placed second in the 200-yard IM along with sophomore Olivia Hooper placing first. Sophomore Sydney Kushak also helped the team by placing second in the 100-yard Breastroke. The dive team was also helped by senior Lauren Gesik placing first and senior Grace Clinger placing third.

The Lady Ranger swim and dive team competed hard this week and hope to bring home more wins the rest of this season. FHC’s next meet will be at the Forest Hills Aquatic Center next Tuesday, October 8 where they will go head-to-head against the East Grand Rapids Pioneers.

Haisley Turnquist, Sports Reporter

Haisley Turnquist is a junior at FHC, this is her first year writing for The Central Trend as a sports reporter.  Haisley hopes to continue writing the...