Freshman girls basketball team picks up win over the Ottawa Hills Bengals with a score of 59-21

Last night the freshman girls basketball team took on the Ottawa Hills Bengals in their third to last game of the season. The Ranger’s dominated throughout the entire game and ended up winning 59-21, led by freshman Gracie Vermeulen who was the highest scorer with 15 points. 

The Rangers started off on fire in the first quarter scoring 24 points in the first eight minutes alone. Big scorers for the Rangers in the first quarter were freshmen Maya Holser who had nine, Gracie who had five, and freshman Paris Gooch who had four points. The Rangers ended the first quarter leading 24-1. The Rangers began the second quarter with the same momentum as the first and went into the half leading 35-10. 

The third and fourth quarter followed the same pattern as the first half for the Rangers as they continued to dominate on both the offensive and defensive sides of the game. The third quarter ended with a score of 44-18, and Gracie led with four points in the third. In the fourth freshman, Frankie Sutton was the leading scorer with seven points, and the game finished with a score of 59-21. 

The freshmen girl’s basketball team will be taking on the Forest Hills Northern Huskies this Thursday at 5:30 pm. The game will be played in FHC’s home gym as they take on their cross-town rival in their second to last game of the season. If the Rangers win this game they will clinch the OK White Conference Champion title for their season.