My final days of The Central Trend

Sophomore year, I decided to join the staff of The Central Trend. 

Although I wasn’t sure what I was signing up for, I was eager to become a better writer and learn more about what the class was all about. 

Alongside two of my closest friends, I signed up to be in Writing for Publication, and it ended up being one of the best choices I have made throughout my high school experience. 

After completing the introductory class and officially becoming a staff member during the second semester, I found myself falling in love with writing and being able to express my thoughts through words. I had never been a part of something in which I was able to be around my friends but also learn so much at the same time. 

I was able to gain knowledge regarding different aspects of journalism, but I was also able to gain skills in connecting with others and expressing my feelings. After interviewing countless adults and students during my time on staff, I can say that my time spent on The Central Trend certainly allowed me to grow as a human. 

Although I primarily had joined to further my skills as a writer, I ended up gaining much more than I had initially expected. I grew closer to the friends who joined alongside me, and I got to know many amazing people that I likely would never have met if I hadn’t joined during my sophomore year. 

I am so glad to have gotten to know the kindest and most caring people at FHC. 

Any person who has ever been on staff has always had a warm heart and has always been positive and optimistic. Entering the TCT classroom during sixth hour was always one of the best parts of my day at school; it felt completely different than entering a simple math class. There was always music playing, people chatting, and somebody laughing. No matter what had occurred in the first five hours of the day, I knew I could always count on ending my day with a positive note. 

Unfortunately, I didn’t get to finish my final year as a staff member like I would have wished. With senior year coming, I find my schedule full of long, rigorous classes, so I am unable to remain a staff member during my senior year. 

Although my time in the TCT room was cut short, I want to thank Mr. George and the entire staff for allowing me to be a part of one of the best groups in the school. The knowledge and lessons I learned on staff will be useful to me throughout the rest of my life, and I am so glad to have gotten to know the kindest and most caring people at FHC.