Girls swim and dive team takes the win over FHNE in their friendly meet this past Saturday

This past weekend, the girls swim and dive team had a friendly meet against the joined team of Forest Hills Northern and Forest Hills Eastern. Overall, FHC beat FHNE, but since this was a friendly meet, they didn’t keep the exact score. This meet served very well for the Rangers, as the girls could get some more time in the pool, and more of them could qualify for states. 

Many of the girls did great, but the top three performances belong to senior Emily Johnson, junior Jessica Doyel, and freshman Olivia Oorbeck. Emily won the 100 yard Freestyle and 100 yard Breaststroke, and she was a member of the winning 200 yard Medley Relay team. Jessica won the 200 yard Individual Medley, took 2nd in the 500 yard Freestyle, and was a member of the state qualifying 400 yard Freestyle Relay. Lastly, Olivia won the 200 yard Freestyle and the 100 yard Butterfly, and was another member of the state qualifying 400 yard Freestyle Relay. 

The top three divers of this meet were sophomores Olivia Thornley and Noelle Stewart, along with freshman Rachael Yeager. Olivia placed third with a score of 317.30, Noelle placed fifth with a score of 299.30, and Rachael placed sixth, scoring 275.20 points. As one of the freshmen, Rachael stepped up this meet, showing the team what she is capable of and made it into the top six divers.

Next, the girls will be facing off against Byron Center for their last home meet on Tuesday, October 20th at 6:00 PM.