Student Council

Student+Council

Club name: Student Council

Time commitment: “[It] depends. [For] Homecoming, Prom, and Winterfest, you can expect to be quite busy [to] upwards of 15 hours of work. On average, there are meetings that last about an hour and a half every three weeks.”

Why someone should join: “If you’re looking to be a leader in your class and help facilitate larger activities throughout the school, this is the club for you.”

Prior knowledge/experience needed: “Unless you’re running for executive board or class president, no prior experience is required, and all are encouraged to join. Student Council is always looking for new ideas and points of view to mix up the school year.”

How to sign up: “You sign up in the spring and choose what position you are running for. You create a speech and campaign posters, and then your class ends up voting in determining whether you should be elected for your position or not.”

Fun facts/words of encouragement for someone weary of joining: “One of my favorite quotes from John F. Kennedy is “Your experiences are only as good as the decisions you make to try.” I feel that exemplifies what it means to be a leader at FHC.”

Club advisor: “There are quite a few teachers who deal with Student Council, the biggest being Mrs. Stiles. But, there are many other great class advisers that will end up helping you if you do end up joining.”