Toy Drive for Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital is being held all this week

Along with the Gold Game this Friday night, that will be raising funds and awareness for the Pediatric Cancer Program of the Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital, a toy drive is also being held, organized by junior Emma Yoder and senior Justin James.

When: All this week and at the Gold Game (Boys play at 5:30 PM and girls play at 7 PM). 

Where: Boxes to drop the toys off will be in the office, cafeteria, and at the Gold Game.

Who: All students and staff are encouraged to bring in toys to school this week. Parents and students who attend other schools can also donate toys at the game. 

Why: The toys will be donated to Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital. They will be used in the toy shop within the hospital, where the children get to pick out toys, or they will be used as prizes for children who have to get poked with a needle.

Toy Recommendations: All items contributed must be brand new. Some recommendations are Play-Doh, rattles/teethers, Silly Putty, slinkies, animal figurines, small toys under $1 (for poke prizes), small lego kits, super hero figurines, card games, and Hot Wheels cars. Art supplies like colored pencils, Crayola crayons, glue sticks, and coloring books are also welcome, but art supplies must be made in the U.S.

All brand new toys and American made art supplies will be much appreciated by all the children of Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital. To further contribute to the hospital, be sure to make it out to the Gold Game this Friday night at FHC. 

Reena Mathews, Editor in Chief

Reena Mathews is now entering her third year on The Central Trend and second year as Editor in Chief. She has always loved to read and write and is...