Freshman football preview: Northview Wildcats

The Forest Hills Central freshman football team enters week five of the season with a record of 3-1, coming off the heels of an impressive 28-14 win over rival Forest Hills Northern. The Rangers will host their second conference opponent on Thursday in the Northview Wildcats. They defeated Jenison and West Ottawa the first two weeks before losing to Grandville in week three, and then the huge win over FHN last week.

The Wildcats enter this conference matchup with an identical record of 3-1, their only blemish being a tough loss to the same Jenison Wildcat team the Rangers were able to narrowly defeat. Some of the old Ranger coaching staff is now coaching at Northview, therefore the Wildcats run a very similar spread offense and 3-4 defensive scheme. Playing against a near clone of themselves, the Rangers offensive and defensive lines will be very critical in this game. Freshmen Stevie Wolf, Will Richardson, and Jack Ward will be key up front trying to create holes for freshmen Arash Kordbacheh and Hunter Robinson on the ground.  

Defensively, the Rangers will be looking to freshmen linebackers Tate Greer and Ivan Wheland to lead the defense. They will also rely on freshmen defensive linemen Colton Jenkins, Stevie, and Cam Dewitt to be able to stuff the run. The Rangers will look to play a very complete game in this one like they did last week.