• BREAKING NEWS: Last day of school is 6/7 with no days to be added

• Senior graduation: 5/21 at 7 p.m.

Dance team finishes in top twenty at Nationals

Faced with adversity, the varsity dance team was able to earn seventeenth place in the NDA Nationals in Orlando, Florida this weekend.

After disappointments on Friday with the Pom and Hip Hop dances, the Lady Rangers earned a spot in the finals with their Jazz dance on Saturday. After facing the best competition in the country, FHC earned seventeenth with its Jazz dance on Sunday to end the competition.

While the team had hoped to perform better at the final competition of the season, this was a success nonetheless. With junior Brynn Kiddle suffering a knee injury early in the season and senior Maddie Musgraves injuring her knee just a week ago, the dancers were crunched for time to rework their dances without these two key contributions.

This marked the final high school dance competition for seniors Lindsey Lunt, Rielly Nehls, and Alyssa Zadel, and, with Nationals being a biannual event, the juniors on the team experienced their final trip to Florida as well. With this impressive top-twenty finish, the underclassmen on the FHC dance team will work hard to place even higher in the competition come 2021.

Molly Donovan, Sports Editor in Chief

Molly is writing for the FHC Sports Report for her second year, and she has taken over the Sports Editor in Chief role. She is excited to be part of another...