• Senior graduation: 5/21 at 7 pm

• Singsational: 5/9 at 7 pm

• Band's spring concert: 5/7 at 7 pm

• Orchestra's spring concert: 5/6 at 7 pm

• Half day: 5/10

Girls varsity water polo suffers loss to the reigning State Champions in season-opener

The Forest Hills girls varsity water polo team competed in its first meet of the season last night against the reigning State Champions, the Hudsonville Eagles. The game concluded with a score of 15-3, and sadly FH did not secure a victory to start off the season.

To start off the game, Haley Mckee from Forest Hills Northern scored for the team. Then following up Haley, junior Maggie Zorn scored a goal as well. Even though the team was down by a significant amount, it did not let the large deficit get them down; the girls were able to come back and scored once more. Junior Sarah Schenk was the player to score the final goal, and she would ultimately be the last one to put the ball in the net for Forest Hills that night.

Despite the tough loss, the team did have several girls who performed very well under the circumstances. Junior Olivia Luplow and Sarah dominated in the pool both offensively and defensively. Along with them, senior Selina Franovic played extremely well and was able to help the team out in getting the ball up the pool.

The team will play again this Thursday, March 20 at Jenison high, where FH will take on the Jenison Wildcats at 7 p.m.

Zoe Lipke, Sports Reporter

Zoe is a sophomore in her second year on The Central Trend. She is writing for the sports report this year. Zoe partakes in girls basketball at our school,...