Boys swim and dive gets huge win against Jenison 95-91

Junior Avery LeTourneau and many other Rangers contributed to a massive win for the Rangers with their narrowest margin of victory so far this season at only four points. Jenison was expected to be an exciting opponent to face, and this meet did not disappoint, with the Rangers winning the last relay to take the meet.

The meet began with a win in the 200-yard medley relay. Senior CJ Hier, sophomore Benji Zorn, senior Kyle Carter, and senior Dani Ahmetovic took first with their time of 1:42.23. Avery followed this up with a win in the 200-yard freestyle. His time was a blazing fast 1:47.38, over four seconds faster than second place.

Sophomore Sam Yeager then took third in the 200-yard individual medley with his time of 2:14.91. The quick 50-yard free was won by Jenison, but senior Ben Rogala took second to secure points for the Rangers with his time of 23.22.

Freshman Cole Hysong and sophomore Will Becker took first and second in the diving event with their scores of 265.60 and 212.90. CJ and Kyle followed this up with another one-two finish in the 100-yard fly with their times of 55.16 and 58.22. Ben then took second in the 100-yard freestyle with his time of 51.36.

Avery got back at it with a win in the 500-yard freestyle; his time was 4:55.24. Senior Francesco Roveri, Dani, Avery, and Ben took first in the 200-yard freestyle relay with their time of 1:33.96. CJ took yet another first place in the 100-yard backstroke with his time of 54.94.

Benji and Sam took second and third in the 200-yard breaststroke with their times of 1:04.38 and 1:05.15. To finish the meet, Kyle, CJ, Ben, and Avery won the 400-yard freestyle relay to win the meet overall.

The next meet will be against Spring Lake, a challenge similar to this one. Jenison required all the skill the Ranger team had, but Avery and CJ led the team to win the meet by an incredibly small margin. As they near the end of the season, the team will have to continue to prove themselves as they look towards MISCA and states.