Freshman girls basketball secures OK White conference champion title in their win over the FHN Huskies

Freshman Maya Holser’s big night was one of the keys to the Ranger’s victory over the FHN Huskies last night, and ultimately secured them the title of OK White conference champions.

The Ranger’s high-pressure defense was the biggest factor in their win and kept their opponent to only four points in the first quarter, and only 14 overall. Freshman Frankie Sutton was the leading scorer in the first period with eight of the Ranger 16 points. In the second quarter, freshmen Gracie Vermeulen and Ella Latunski were the only two to score; however, the team still kept the Huskies to zero points in the second quarter. The two teams went into the half with a score of 20-4, the Rangers in the lead. 

The Rangers only secured five points in the third quarter; however, they picked up eight more in the fourth, and kept the Huskies to ten in the second half. Gracie had eight total points last night, but Maya was the team’s highest scorer with eleven points overall. 

The freshman girls basketball team officially obtained the title of OK White conference champions and will play in their last game of the season next Thursday against the Northview Wildcats. The game will tip-off at 5:30 in the Northview’s gym.