Girls freshman basketball is defeated by Eastern 32-27 to end the Holiday Tournament

On day two of their Holiday Tournament, girls freshman basketball played a rematch against the Hawks of Forest Hills Eastern. They beat them the last time they met on the court, but were defeated this time 32-27. Freshmen Samantha Jerow once again led the team with nine points.

Eastern gained a 8-5 lead after the first eight minutes of play. Despite the slow start from the Rangers, they were able to bounce back in the second and score twelve to put themselves up by one at the half, 17-16. The Hawks outscored the Rangers in the third by three buckets to once again gain the lead 26-21. Each team scored six in the final quarter, but the five point deficit in the third gave the Hawks the victory with a final score of 32-27.

The next game the team plays with be the first Tuesday back from Holiday Break, where they will play their first conference game against the Northview Wildcats.

Alaina Tubbs, Sports Reporter

Alaina Tubbs is a senior going into her third year on the Central Trend staff as a sports reporter. In her free time she enjoys listening to music, bouldering,...