Mens track team continues to succeed

Mens track team continues to succeed

Saturday morning, the boys track team attended the Michigan State University Invitational, where the top four runners from each event were invited to attend. Due to the weather, the team had to bear the cold temperature and harsh winds, making it difficult for the athletes to stay warmed up and ready to race.

Senior Moise Guerrier placed 6th in the men’s 100-meter dash in 11.95 seconds. In the 400-meter dash, senior Jared Irland placed 8th in just 53.90 seconds. Junior Geoffrey Batterbee placed 6th in the 800-meter dash and 7th in the 1600-meter dash.

Ryan Talbot placed 8th in the 110-meter hurdles with a time of 16.51. In the 300-meter hurdles, sophomore Patrick Ho placed 6th along with two other athletes. Senior Tristan Kerr placed 13th, but was only 28-hundredths of a second away from running in the finals match.

Moise, senior Hunter Campbell, junior Noah Stout, and Patrick ran the mens 4×100 relay, where they placed 8th in 45.54 seconds. Seniors Nolan Vandergrif, Jared Ireland, Tony Moceri, and Hunter Campbell ran the 4×200 relay and placed 7th. Again FHC placed 7th in the 4×400 relay with a time of 3:38:86. In the 4×800 relay, junior Jacob Ball, freshman Jonah Cumings, freshman Kyle James-Heer, and Geoffrey Batterbee placed 5th.

In the field events, Ryan Talbot did not disappoint FHC. He placed 1st overall in the mens pole vault with 13-06.00. In the mens Long Jump, senior Ian Able placed 3rd with 20-07.75.

On Tuesday, the Rangers then made their way to Northview along with Lowell and Forest Hills Northern. The boys were able to beat the Northveiw Wildcats 90-47, and the Lowell Red Arrows 76-61.

In the 100-meter dash, three of FHCs runners, Moise Guerrier, Tristan Kerr, and Nolan Vandergriff, all placed behind each other. Moise placed 5th (12.16), Tristan placed 6th (12.29), and Nolan placed 7th (12.36). Hunter Campbell then placed third in the 200-meter dash in 23.86 seconds. Junior Geoffrey Batterbee ran a speedy time of 52.55 seconds in the 400-meter sprint, which earned him first. Shortly after, Geoffrey placed first again in the 1600-meter with a time of 4:52.11. Sophomore Gabreil Carlson ran the 3200-meter and finished in third place.

In the 110-meter hurdles, Ryan Talbot placed 2nd in 16.23 seconds. Patrick Ho placed 4th with Tristan Kerr following behind him in 7th place. Patrick then placed third in the 300-meter hurdles and Tristan placed 5th.

The Rangers continue to improve their relays with quick starts, smooth transitions, and precise motions. Hunter Campbell, Mosie Guerrier, Noah Stout, and Nolan Vandergrif placed second in the 4×100 meter relay in 45.22 seconds. Both Hunter and Mosie carried the success into their second relay with Patrick Ho and Tony Moceri. They placed first in the 4×200 meter relay in 1:33.97. In the 4×400 meter relay, FHC placed third and then took second in the 4×800 meter relay.

Senior Seth Udell placed 4th in shot put with a score of 40-01.00. Brandon Guitar placed third in discus. Ryan Talbot tied second with another athlete from Northview in high jump with a jump of 5-10.00. Ryan then came back strong in pole vault placing to earn first. Ian Able also placed first in long jump with a sold 20-00.00.

The boys varsity track team has an OK White Conference meet Monday, May 7. The meet will be held at rival school Forest Hills Northern.

Remy Tittel, Sports Reporter

Remy Tittel is a senior at Forest Hills Central, and is a first time member of the sport reporters team. She is very excited to get started and learn from...