• BREAKING NEWS: Last day of school is 6/7 with no days to be added

• Senior graduation: 5/21 at 7 p.m.

Girls varsity soccer demolishes Greenville 8-0 en route to sixth straight win

Coming off a narrow victory 1-0 against the rival East Grand Rapids Pioneers, the girls varsity soccer team continued its winning streak last night when they took on the Greenville Yellow Jackets. Freshman Lauren Kocznesnaz came up huge, as she scored her first hat-trick of the year and leading the ladies in scoring. Senior Megan Pointkowsky also scored her first goal of the year and brought a great sense of energy while on the field.

The Lady Rangers got off to a hot start offensively when junior Kelsey Toole put in the first goal of the game just a couple of minutes into the game with an assist from sophomore Gwen Henderson. Senior captain Ashley Ward would later put another goal in for FHC just a couple minutes later with an assist from Lauren. The passing was very good in the first half thanks to the midfield and sophomore Whitney Currie, who finished with a team-high three assists on the night. Lauren and Ashley would put in another goal each to give the ladies a commanding 4-0 lead at halftime.

Despite the offensive success in the first half, the ladies struggled to continue the success in the second half. Opportunities were there throughout the half, but the girls could not connect. Lauren would score her second and third goal, senior captain Grace Kline scored on a penalty kick, and Megan Pointkowsky scored to give the Lady Rangers some nice energy for a stretch at the beginning of the game. FHC mercied the Yellow Jackets 8-0.

The Lady Ranger win puts them at 9-2 on the season and 5-1 in the OK White Conference. FHC now has a day to prepare for possibly its biggest game of the season against the archrival Forest Hills Northern Huskies.

Tommy Spaletto, Sports Report

Tommy Spaletto is a junior at FHC and enters his second year on the staff. He looks to finish out his remaining years in high school and he sees journalism...