• BREAKING NEWS: Last day of school is 6/7 with no days to be added

Freshman Baseball sweeps Northview behind explosive offense to improve to 7-4

Jeremy James, Sports Report

The freshman baseball team struck early in the first game of the doubleheader, scoring six runs in the first inning and eight runs in the third. Freshmen Adam Carpenter, Jake Munger, Hunter Robinson, and Noah Smith each collected two hits fueling the offense. The Rangers also stole seven bases including two from Adam who led the team. The momentum and hitting carried over into the second game to complete the sweep.

Clutch hitting was a huge key for the Rangers. Freshman Walker Sjolin had one of these hits; he doubled to score two runs. Other Rangers to plate two RBI’s were freshmen Cole Hysong and Kaeden Palmitier along with Hunter.

One of the biggest differences between the two teams was on the defensive side as well. The Rangers committed just one error, while the Wildcats committed six. These errors led to extra chances and more runs for the Rangers to carry them to a 15-2 victory.

In game two it was more of the same: the Rangers defense just had one error again, while the Wildcats had six. The errors were just part of the story once again, as the hit totals were 10-4 in favor of FHC. The Rangers put up double-digit runs and stole more bases leading to a 10-2 win.

Leading the Rangers on offense were freshman Beau Coughlin and Adam. Adam collected three hits and Beau had two. The pitching for the Rangers dominated as well, especially freshman starter Joe Robertson. He went four innings allowing zero runs and just giving up a base runner on a walk. His pitching was the biggest reason for the win and moved the Rangers to an overall 7-4 record.

FHC plays next on Tuesday at home in a non-conference game against Mona Shores.

Jeremy James, Sports Reporter

Jeremy is a sophomore at FHC, and this is his first year writing for Sports Report on The Central Trend. Jeremy participates in tennis during the fall,...