Girls swim and dive is defeated in head-to-head meet against EGR

The Lady Ranger swim and dive team took home a tough loss last night against the East Grand Rapids Pioneers. Both the swim team and dive team put forth hard efforts this meet but still lost with a final score of 117-72.

Junior Maggie Zorn, freshman Jessica Doyel, senior Kara Bolger, and freshman Maggie Hier all came together to help the team by placing first in the 200-yard Freestyle Relay. Sophomore Ellie Field, freshman Caroline Bell, junior Olivia Luplow – who also placed second in the 200-yard Freestyle – and senior Katie Johnson helped by placing third in the same event. Kara and Maggie Zorn, along with the help of sophomore Emily Johnson and senior Jessica Schellenboom, placed second in the 400-yard Freestyle Relay. Ellie and junior Olivia Luplow also placed third in that event, along with the help of sophomore Olivia Hooper and junior Sarah Schenck, who also placed second in the 100-yard Butterfly. Senior Jessica Schellenboom had a great night, placing first in the 100-yard Breastroke, with Jessica Doyel placing third and first in the 50-yard Freestyle, and Emily Johnson placing third. Olivia Hooper then placed second in the 100-yard Backstroke. Notable diving performances were made by seniors Lauren Gesik and Grace Clinger, who placed fourth and fifth, respectively.

The Lady Ranger swim and dive team competed hard this week and hope to continue on winning this season. Select individuals that qualified will be heading to Eastern Michigan University this weekend, October 12 and 13. The qualifying individuals for this meet are: Kara, Jessica Schellenboom, Olivia Luplow, Maggie Zorn, Sarah Schenck, Sarah Chesner, Olivia Hooper, Emily Johnson, Jessica Doyel, and Maggie Hier.