Girls JV tennis week recap

Girls JV tennis week recap

On Wednesday, April 10, the girls JV tennis team took on West Ottawa and was able to defeat the Panthers 6-4. Helping to lead the team was freshman Leila Gonzalez and sophomore Amanda Lemmeyer, along with sophomore Anastasia Blount and junior Elena Kelbley.

Leila Gonzalez and Amanda Lemmeyer played well together by winning their first round of doubles 6-3 and their second round 6-0; they also won their final round, 8-7. Elena and Anastasia won their first round 6-1, the second round 6-3, and their final round 8-2.

On Friday, April 12, the girls took on Hudsonville but were defeated by the Eagles, 12-10. Freshman Bella Wiseley and Coco Corey contributed to the team’s success by winning all three rounds 6-0, 6-4 and then 6-3. Sophomore Koyuki Buckhold and junior Mya Parshall also did well, winning all three rounds 6-5, 6-4 and 6-3. Anastasia and Elena also came through by winning two-thirds of their rounds going 6-0, 6-2 and losing the last round 2-6.

On Wednesday, April 17, the girls competed against Grand Rapids Catholic Central and were able to defeat the Cougars by a score of 8-4. Sophomores Maddie Knoor and Signa Bylsma won both rounds, 6-2 and 6-3, and sophomores Lily Campbell and Delaney Michalski pulled through with two wins; they won 6-4, 6-6, 7-4.

Next up for the Rangers, the girls play in the Hudsonville Quad against numerous other teams on Saturday, April 20 at 9 a.m.