Dear Present me: The Flash through my lens

My+wallpaper+thats+currently+on+my+home+screen+right+now.+
Pinterest
My wallpaper that’s currently on my home screen right now.

Dear Present me,

You have been and always will be a massive Fan of The Flash.

I don’t think there will ever be any show that I won’t have an emotional connection to after watching. Whether I’m on the first season or the last, rewatching the episodes or just coming across it for the first time, I will always have some sort of tethered connection with any show that I watch regardless of my opinions about it. 

But, as far as The Flash goes, there truly is no other show that I have felt a connection more strongly with than the one with this show. It’s irreplaceable and no one can change my mind about that. 

I don’t care if people make fun of me for it or shame me for never having the courage to finish the show; it will always be my favorite, and I will make sure everyone knows it. 

It’s a shame that it decided to end this year. I’ve been a part of the run for about a decade now, and I’m surely not ready to stop running now, and I don’t think I ever will be. 

I have an emotional connection to the show, and I wish that this series would be the one show that has an insurmountable amount of episodes.

But I choose to run back in time because I love watching the very first episodes of the show; they bring a sense of nostalgia that I’ve never experienced.

I feel like even though all the characters in the show aren’t kids, somehow, I’ve been able to grow up with them myself during the process, and I don’t really know how. 

Each episode I choose to rewatch feels like I’m jumping back in time with myself, which, ironically, is strictly prohibited in the show. But I choose to run back in time because I love watching the very first episodes of the show; they bring a sense of nostalgia that I’ve never experienced from any other show I’ve watched, and I sometimes wish I could get a front row seat to watch the episode live. But, even though I can’t watch the episode on a TV screen, it somehow replicates that. 

My friend once told me that being a fan of The Flash wasn’t an era of mine but a lifestyle, and I couldn’t agree with that more. It’s probably the one show that I relate to most because I’m constantly pulling out quotes from the series, which there’s a plethora of. 

However, just because the show is coming to an end, that doesn’t mean my love for it does too; there are other shows that I am destined to watch like The Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow, and Supergirl

All of these shows have almost all the same characters, and after being able to watch the entire show, I can finally say which character I would be: all of them combined.

The funkiness of Cisco and Chester, the grit of Allegra, the stubbornness of Barry, the resilience of Iris, the kindness of Caitlin, the fearlessness of Joe, and the feelings of Cecile. 

All of this is because I simply can’t choose one character that is my favorite or that I can relate to most—I am a piece of all of them, and I never would have found my favorite show in the entire world if my sister hadn’t introduced the first episode to me on a random Wednesday night. 

Sincerely,

Present me