The latest fall nail trends have changed with the leaves

A+picture+of+my+current+pink+chrome+nails+
Addy Cousins
A picture of my current pink chrome nails

I feel 1,000 times better and far more confident when I have my nails done. 

So, as we enter the time of fall, I have plenty of nail inspiration saved on my ever-growing Pinterest board with ideas I can not wait to try out for myself. 

The first nail trend that I was both excited and terrified to try was chrome. I was planning on getting these nails over the summer, but after my aunt’s sister-in-law had a bad experience with them, I switched to a new nail look. For Homecoming, I decided to risk it. Let me tell you, I am in love. I went with a light pink underneath the chrome powder as opposed to the usual white backdrop to match my dress, but the effect was the same. The silver shimmer takes any basic outfit I am wearing to the next level. I will most definitely try these again with a white or clear base instead. 

The next nail set I am going to get involves the next nail trend I am going to talk about: hot chocolate nails. Hot chocolate nails are a warm brown autumn nail color. I love the warm effect these nails have, they just look like fall. These nails perfectly encompass the feeling of walking through a field of tree trunks. I adore the nails that put multiple brown colors together to make intricate or simple designs. This look is my favorite from this fall.

Other nail colors popular during the season of change are red and orange. The colors of the falling leaves are perfect for the autumnal vibe people are leaning toward. I would get these colors as a French tip, another nail look going viral, or as a solid with no design. Either way, they give off the fall effect. 

These nails perfectly encompass the feeling of walking through a field of tree trunks.

Touching on French tips, another trend is the dual finish French tip. Dual finish is when the base of the nail and the tip are of two different finishes, such as glossy and matte, but chrome powder can also be used. Similarly, dual-color French tips are in style. This is when you get the same color for the base and tip, but the tip is a lighter or darker version of the base color. Personally, I will not be putting either of these on my nails. I could see why others may like this look, but I like French tips because they give both classy and fun nails—classy in that it looks like your natural nail, just glass-like, and fun in that you can add a pop of color on top. The bold duo colors and finishes take away the classy look French tips usually hold. 

Another trend is mixing neutral colors and black in a design. I love the sophistication these nails seem to possess. It mixes a warm tone with a darker tone, perfectly encompassing fall—fall is warm in colors but dark in temperature, and it gets darker earlier in the afternoons. This is a look I would definitely try, maybe for the next school dance. 

I am such a nail girly, and as much as I love the chrome nails I currently have, I can’t wait to get them off so I can try some of these fall trends.