Love letters to Life — evermore, my stars will shine

Anastasia Placanica
A photo of me and one of my stars, sitting on a hill together.

To Life,

Evermore is the gratitude that I hold for you.

For it is you who brought that luminescent light into my life—my burning stars in the night.

My stars who have always been by my side. 

The ones that I confess all my thoughts to in the dead of night. Endless evenings are spent sharing everything my heart has to say: all the things I love along with all the things that I hate, all the things that have happened along with all the things that have not, everything along with nothing. 

They shine through my brightest moments, never overtaking them but always illuminating them; their effulgence makes the moment all the more worth cherishing, for they make the moment a glimmering memory.

Even as my moments seem as though they will be endlessly dark, I will forever know that my stars are there, waiting for me with open arms and a shoulder to rest my head upon, just as I would for them.

My star, who I care for more than the world.

It is the one that, no matter how crowded the somber night sky may be, I know I can always find—one that I know will always be the first one I search for. Its light parallels only that of a thousand stars, so much so that I feel like the sun could not even compare.

If I could give it the world, I would do it in a heartbeat; I could think of no other star more deserving of it than my own, being as everyone who encounters my shining star is left with a joy they’d never known.

Its light has brought a warmth in my heart that I hope will continue on eternally.

Their influence permeates into my every action: my ideas, my aspirations, and my decisions. 

Laughter follows everywhere that my star goes, and for that, there’s nothing I admire more than it.

My stars that raised me: the ones that watched me blossom from the person I was before to the person I have since become. Even as I tripped and fell onto the hard ground, there, standing right by my side, was their light, always reaching out to help guide me.

Their words echo in the thoughts of my mind, for they remind me of all there is to endlessly love in the world—that there is nothing more precious than doing just that. 

Their actions are ones that I can only hope to come close to imitating, for they inspire me to reach for more and to help others do the same.

And there is no way I’d rather it be.

You have brought upon my world a sky full of stars, stars I know will forever be by my side. For that, I will be forever grateful.

Love always,

Alysse