To my best friends forever

Allison Fentzke
Not pictured: Norah and Emalea

My friends are some of the most important people to me.

It took me a long time to find my people, but now that I have, I could not be happier. My friends are a big part of my support system; they help me, and I help them. They are a family that I have made, and we all mean so much to each other. 

All of us are alike but so different at the same time, and that is part of what makes us such a great group. 

The memories we have made with one another will be something I always cherish. Late-night calls, school dances, adventures in my minivan, and so much more will remain in my memories forever. They are always there for me; we have laughed together, and we have cried together. My friends are my family, and I am so happy to be able to say that.

Finding my people took time. There was trial and error, but then, there was success. My new group means so much to me and was worth all the time that it took to meet them even though it was senior year. I know that we will continue to make great memories for the rest of the school year and after we graduate too.

Finding my people took time. There was trial and error, but then, there was success.

All of my friends have their strengths that make our friend group so great and like a big family. We support one another, give each other advice, confide in each other, and don’t tear each other down. We never fail to make each other laugh uncontrollably, and I cannot thank my friends enough for that.

I can’t wait to make so many more memories with my friends for our final year of high school. From school dances to graduation, every moment with them is great, and I can’t wait for all the experiences we will have.

To the friends who have come and gone, I thank you for the experiences and memories. I am so grateful for the friendships I have today and without going through friends before them, I wouldn’t have found my comfort group.

To the two friends who stuck by me from sixth grade onward, I will cherish you guys forever. The laughs we have made along the way and the silly memories will be irreplaceable. 

Despite petty fights, we never fail to come back together. I hope to look back on my friend group my senior year and have no regrets. 

Thank you, Litany Gaines, Kayla Campton, Emalea Rooke, and Norah Schaafsma; I can’t wait to see what adventures we take next.