Summer Fridays: every lip-care girl’s dream

photo from Summer Fridays website

Lip products are probably the most abundant cosmetic item I own; recently, the one that has stood out to me the most is the Summer Fridays Lip Butter Balm. 

Everything down to the lip balm’s packaging is my absolute favorite. The only downside to the viral lip balm is its rather steep price tag, coming to as high as $35 for just one 0.5-ounce tube. Although I wouldn’t usually advise people to go and drop nearly $40 on a lip product, I would argue that Summer Fridays is, without a doubt, worth it.

I have yet to try the other variants of this lip balm, but the one I have currently is the Sweet Mint, and it is undoubtedly my favorite minty lip balm. Compared to other minty lip products like the classic Burt’s Bees, it tastes much better and has less of that waxy taste. Summer Fridays Sweet Mint lip balm also has the same tingling and cooling effect that most mint lip products fail to have. 

Summer Friday’s butter lip balm comes in other flavors, and with that comes different subtle tints. Who doesn’t love a hydrating lip tint? The reason for the lip balm’s sudden fame is because it’s vegan and doesn’t test on animals, which many people search for in products.

To get into the nitty-gritty, I want to first mention its hydration; as we are entering a cold, hard winter in the recent month, I’ve been looking for a lip balm that can hydrate my lips and fix the cracks. Summer Fridays does not disappoint; the Lip balm’s main ingredient is shea butter which is a very hydrating substance along with murumuru seeds. They also mix in their vegan waxes that soften and boost shine. If you’re on the search for a hydrating lip balm, this is a must-have.

If you’re on the search for a hydrating lip balm this is a must-have!

My favorite thing about this product is that when my hair blows on a windy day, it does not stick to my lips; this alone makes the lip balm a lip girl necessity. I don’t know about anyone else, but I hate it when my hair blows onto my lips and gets stuck and covered in lip balm or lip gloss.

One thing I immediately noticed with Summer Fridays lip balm was its silicone applicator. The applicator is absolutely wonderful, and it’s refreshing not to put a hard plastic applicator on my lips. The applicator also has a small hole to let the product out, which I didn’t know I needed; some tubed lip balms have these huge holes that just push so much product out at once, and then your lips are covered in way too much product.

My last note on this lip balm is its heavenly flavor. The sweet mint tastes like the beloved Girl Scout cookie: thin mints. I am absolutely in love with my new lip balm, and you will find me carrying this everywhere with me.

Summer Fridays Lip Butter Balm is to die for, and if everyone can look past the exorbitant price, they should consider throwing this in their bag the next time they’re at a Sephora or shopping online.