My jewelry box: emerald

Pinterest
A collage of photos showing the beauty of nature.

Her peace and peril cancel one another out to create an equilibrium of perfection. Each force works with the other to create something more beautiful and powerful than Man can grasp. 

The slightest movement becomes echoed. The lightest touch leaves a large imprint. The slightest misstep can lead to grave consequences. 

She holds forces strong enough to tear down entire cities and she contains wonders beautiful enough to make Man question its entire existence. 

Blood has spilled atop her surface, and filtered through her soil. New life has sprung from the ashes of her dead. Man has risen together and achieved greatness but has also fallen into irreversible turmoil. 

She has witnessed it all. She has watched everything unfold. She has tried to warn Man time and time again but they never seem to listen. They don’t understand, or frankly just don’t care, about the warnings she places in their path. 

She gives and gives and gives everything she has to Man. In return, all she asks for is to be taken care of and to be listened to. 

Her humble request still seems to be too difficult for Man to comply with. 

She simply says, “It’s okay, I can fix this.” So she adapts to accommodate all of the demands being thrown at her. Every time a mistake is made by the bearers of her gifts, she simply lowers her head and proceeds to try to repair the damage that has been done. 

She is tired. 

Tired of fixing the mistakes of those who can’t seem to just open their eyes and truly see Her. 

She pleads that one day they will see her beautiful treachery. 

She longs until they see all of her wonders and appreciate them in all of their greatness. Her beauty can be found at every corner yet it often goes unnoticed. 

When gazing out from her highest altitudes the eye is filled with a view of mountain tops, peaking through a light-grey mist. The mountain peaks are illuminated by crimson, gold, and amber-colored hues splattered across the sky.

Music can be found throughout her surface. The rustling of leaves in the gentle breeze, the rhythmic heartbeat of the ocean, the orchestra of chirping crickets, and the patter of raindrops on the cold earth all work together to create a symphony of sounds.

She also wants them to witness the precariousness of the world, for Man often becomes overconfident in their place on the earth. 

There are injustices happening right under their noses but they often turn their heads just to save themselves the discomfort of knowing the pain some go through. Oftentimes, they forget the fragility of life and take her gifts for granted.

Now it’s too late. She gave countless warnings and signs. She gave her whole being only to receive nothing in return. She gave until there was nothing left to give. 

Now she can only hope that Man will open their eyes and see the damage they have caused. 

If Man takes care of her, she will take care of Man.