Zach Bryan’s new self-titled album is exactly what we needed

Zach Bryans new self titled album
Zach Bryan’s new self titled album

Although I have never been set on a particular music artist, I have become a very avid listener of any and all things Zach Bryan. Despite my previous detest of country music, Bryan shows his music to be above any country songs. 

Bryan has become well-known nationwide, so much so that during his summer tour he began selling out stadiums across the country. Towards the end of his Burn Burn Burn tour, he came out to the public with the announcement that he would be dropping a new album on Aug 25, and in doing so will be touring again with the release of Zach Bryan. 

While this provoked fan’s excitement, this heads-up of these 16 songs could not have prepared the ears of his fans for what they were about to listen to. 

Fear and Friday’s (Poem)

I hate to be the one to say it, but anytime this song plays in the rotation, I evidently hit the skip button. Byran released both a poem and song version of Fear and Friday’s, and while the poem may include a meaningful message, this poem is nothing but a waste of space in the album. This Poem is spoken with the boost of music in the background and honestly, because of this, it feels like a repeat of his Fear and Friday’s song. Don’t get me wrong, I love Zach Bryan and all that he does, but I will say he should stick to singing rather than being a poet. 

I Remember Everything 

This song is nothing short of a serotonin boost and I love it. Kacey Musgraves sings alongside Zach Bryan in this track creating a perfect representation of all things that once were; furthermore, the way the voices of these two flawlessly come together is entirely captivating as a listener. This song is perfectly fitting no matter the mood that I am in, and effortlessly consumes my emotions.

“the way the voices of these two flawlessly come together is entirely captivating as a listener.”

Tourniquet

I am all for late-night drives, windows down, and a good song blasting. With the release of Tourniquet, Bryan gave his fans just the song to do this. This song is the most listened to on Apple Music, and although I may be a significant contributor to those listens, I can confidently say that this song is just something else. This song contains the perfect mix of musical components and is undoubtedly my favorite from the album.

Oklahoma Son 

Oklahoma Son is underwhelming in the best way possible. With this being the last track on the list, this was most definitely the best way to wrap up the album. Bryan created a slower-paced tune rather than something upbeat that I found not only very relaxing but a settling way to hold in the emotions I felt throughout the rest of the album. 

The release of Zach Bryan’s new self-titled album has completely and utterly consumed my life; ultimately, leaving me with something that I didn’t know I needed until I listened to it.