Heidi Klum held her annual Halloween party, and the lookbook is certainly entertaining

Heidi Klum
Heidi Klum’s Halloween looks never disappoint.

Since 2000, perhaps the most anticipated celebrity Halloween look every year has been that of Heidi Klum.

Heidi Klum’s annual Halloween party never fails to impress people around the globe, and it has absolutely never failed to intrigue me. As always, Klum invited a slew of different celebrity guests, and each one brought their own spin on the holiday.

In years past, she’s been a worm, an alien, Fiona from Shrek, Jessica Rabbit from Who Framed Roger Rabbit, a butterfly, and an old woman, to name a few, but this year, she went somehow even farther out of the ordinary. Klum’s costume this year was a peacock, but she’d hired Cirque du Soleil performers to collectively be her feathers, and she partnered with her husband, Tom Kaulitz, who was her egg.

In years past, she’s been a worm, an alien, Fiona from Shrek, Jessica Rabbit from Who Framed Roger Rabbit, a butterfly, and an old woman, to name a few.

As usual, there were some pretty crazy costumes aside from her own at this party, so these are, in no particular order, some of the highlights of the night in my own comprehensive mini lookbook.

Camila Cabello’s costume.

Camila Cabello – Mia Thermopolis (The Princess Diaries)

I’ll be brutally honest, as a die-hard fan of The Princess Diaries, I genuinely would not in a million years have guessed that Cabello’s costume was supposed to be that of the Princess of Genovia. Personally, I may be a bit harsh, but I strongly dislike the way this costume looks in every way. All it really does is sexualize a character whose whole charm is her innocence.

Rachel Zegler – Daphne Blake (Scooby-Doo)

Rachel Zegler and her guest’s costume.

It’s really not my favorite. The wig is cheaply made, and it looks really uncomfortable. Genuinely, she and her guest didn’t look the greatest. Her eyebrows and his facial hair didn’t match the wigs in the slightest, and I think it looked cheap. It’s not a bad costume for a house party, but it’s not a good one for Heidi Klum.

James Charles as Van Gogh’s self-portrait.

James Charles – Van Gogh’s Self Portrait

This was so incredible that I cannot express my fascination. Yes, James Charles has been problematic in the industry and the media, but that’s a moot point when considering the talent and artistry displayed by the costume. Everything, including the suit, was hand-painted, and that takes time, talent, and dedication, so he absolutely deserves the recognition.

Becky G. – The Corpse Bride (The Corpse Bride)

Becky G.’s costume.

I was caught off-guard by the intensity of her makeup, but Becky G. was genuinely so fascinating to look at. The outfit and makeup both perfectly encapsulate the Tim Burton energy of the movie.

Dylan Mulvaney’s costume.

Dylan Mulvaney – Romy White (Romy and Michele’s High School Reunion)

I’m biased because I love Dylan Mulvaney, but this is genuinely so cute. That’s all I have to say.

Alix Earle’s costume.

Alix Earle – The White Witch (The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe)

I grew up on Narnia, and this costume was my personal favorite. Alix did this so amazingly, and I have no qualms. Everything from the outfit to the cloak to the hair to the makeup is perfectly done, plus the “get ready with me” video she posted on TikTok makes it even better to see the final product.

Tay and Taylor Lautner’s costumes.

Tay and Taylor Lautner – Pete Davidson and Timotheé Chalamet (Saturday Night Live, “Yeet Skrt”)

As comedy goes, this is my absolute favorite costume of the entire night. The Lautners never fail to entertain, and the fact that they chose to do something ironic rather than serious made me genuinely so happy. The SNL skit in reference is hands-down one of the best skits to air from that show, and they made it work so well.

While there are so many more amazing–and some terrible–looks, they can’t all be included in one story. Obviously, I loved some, and I hated others. But I think it’s clear that nobody could dress better than Heidi herself at the annual Klum Halloween party.