Turning evil to good

“Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” -Isaiah 41:10.

As you grow older, everyone always tells you about the pleasant situations that you will take part in. They never tell you about the negative situations you will be forced upon. Negativity comes in many different shapes, sizes, and forms. Whether someone is having a bad day and they bump into you at the grocery store without apologizing, or someone has a rough time at home so then they are mean to people at school. No matter the situation, negativity is toxic.

Negativity will first start as a little thought crawling around in your brain, until it is so bad that it consumes you, your body acting upon the once small idea. People do not realize how much their actions truly do affect people. What could first start as little remarks could transform into continuous digs at a person.

If you are stressed or overwhelmed, find some way to help you through it. Some people write or have a specific person they express their weaknesses to. I have been the type of person that will store everything away until it is time to explode. I have found that continuously talking with someone about things as simple as how your day went and what you did is very therapeutic. Another thing that has helped me greatly is my faith in Christ. Prayer is a way of opening up with God and asking for guidance and assistance in your life. “If you have faith, nothing shall be impossible for you.” -Matthew 17:20.

In life, you have to turn a dreary, rainy day into a bright, sunny one. Make the most of your life because you only have one. Find the little activities that make you happy and experience them often. Surround yourself with positive and uplifting people to cheer you on for your accomplishments and support you when you are in a time of struggle. Love your family with your whole heart, because they are your built-in support system for your entire life.

All in all, life is like going to the grocery store hungry, you go into the store expecting to get only one item, but you leave the store with more than you intended.

1 Comment

One Response to “Turning evil to good”

1. Colleen Shields on March 2nd, 2017 8:14 am

This a wonderful article Kaley. Couldn’t agree with you more!

• Turning evil to good

An allegory of a journey

• Turning evil to good

When the sun sets on senior year

• Turning evil to good

I am enough for me

• Turning evil to good

Inside the Classroom #1 — Welcome

• Turning evil to good

Stuck in between two worlds

• Turning evil to good

Dear Mom and Dad

• Turning evil to good

Before my eyes close

• Turning evil to good

Introducing 2018-19 Editors’ Column: Inside Out

• Turning evil to good

The magic of roads

• Turning evil to good

The “lasts” of junior year

Turning evil to good