• Leukemia and Lymphoma fundraiser: 2/18-2/22

• Next Hour Delay: 2/6

Varsity B wrestling dominates Mona Shores 27-3 in its first team event of the season

The Forest Hills Central varsity B wrestling team wrestled Mona Shores in a dual meet on Friday night, and the Rangers beat the Sailors handily 27-3. With this being the first team event of the season, the Rangers showed no signs of rust, as they only lost one match in what will be its last home meet until Jan. 18.

Some stand-out performances came from sophomores Will Brown and Jhett Gavle, who both won their matches but in completely different ways. Will had a solid performance throughout the whole match and won pretty easily. Jhett, on the other hand, had a tough match but pulled through and dug deep to end up winning.

Another great performance came from freshman Evan Elzinga in his first team event of his high school career. This match was huge, for not only him but for the whole team.

“Evan is a standout freshman,” head coach Brad Anderson said. “As a coach, I couldn’t be more proud of his performance and the entire team’s performance at this point of the season.”

The varsity B wrestling team will wrestle next on Jan. 4 at Ottawa Hills. It will be the team’s first tri-meet of the year and the Rangers will take on Ottawa Hills and Forest Hills Northern.

Jeremy James, Sports Reporter

Jeremy is a sophomore at FHC, and this is his first year writing for Sports Report on The Central Trend. Jeremy participates in tennis during the fall,...