Boys freshman basketball rolls through Greenville 65-25

The Rangers dominated Greenville last night to earn a 65-25 win and extend their OK White conference record to 2-0. 

All thirteen guys contributed throughout the whole game. Right from the get-go, the Rangers destroyed their opponents on both ends of the floor. Multiple defensive breakdowns by the Yellow Jackets allowed many open shots for the Rangers. FHC came out with an easy bucket and led the rest of the game. On the defensive end, the Rangers destroyed the boards and forced turnovers left and right. Up and down the floor the Rangers ran, leading the game at every second. By halftime, FHC led by double digits, and the game remained like that for the rest of the night.

Freshman Pierson VanGorp led the team with 13 points, which consisted of three three-pointers and a pair of layups. Right behind him were freshmen Jacob Bonnett and Joey Seurnyck with 10 and a career-high 9, respectively. Along with Joey’s multiple points, he dominated the boards all game with the help of freshmen Rhosias Arius and Conner Milton.

This was a big win to boost the Rangers’ record to 2-0 in the conference and 6-2 in regular season play. Their next game is at home on Jan 9. against the Red Hawks of Cedar Springs.