Girls JV basketball is defeated by Lowell 28-21

The Lady Rangers went head to head against the Lowell Red Arrows last night and fell 28-21 in a close game. Coming out, per usual, the ladies played strong defense and were able to maintain this until the fourth quarter, when they started opening gaps and allowing easy layups.

Although being short three players, the ladies were able to play strong in the first half with the help of sophomore Morghan Tilton getting a steal and a buzzer-beating layup to go into the second quarter leading 8-6. Going into the second quarter, the ladies were able to put up a few more points, with sophomore Katie Tellier passing inside for an easy layup by sophomore Audrey Sidebotham. Katie was also able to put up another 2 points and sophomore Chloe Teliczan had some strong rebounding. The ladies led the Red Arrows at halftime 13-10.

As the ladies came out of halftime, they lost their lead to Lowell but were still able to put up a few more points. Both teams began to become scrappier and more fouls were being called. The ladies were defeated by the end of the fourth.

The JV girls basketball team continues on despite the hard loss and will be playing against the Greenville Yellow Jackets on Tuesday, Feb. 26 at Greenville.