Levi McKenzie records 28 points in dominant win over Lowell for boys freshman basketball

The boys freshman basketball team kept its undefeated record in conference play alive yesterday after a 63-43 win over the Lowell Red Arrows. Levi McKenzie showed out, recording a career-high 28 points. His contributions helped lead the team to their fifth twenty-point plus point victory. 

The team had yet another slow start to the contest, only leading by two points at the end of the first quarter. The Rangers were able to step it up in the next quarter, however.

“The most important part was the start of the second quarter when we started to pull away,” Levi said.

This was the first experience for the freshman boys basketball team to play at home. With such different environments between home and away games, the boys finally were able to play in front of their peers and experience what it’s like to play at FHC.

“The atmosphere was great, and it was cool to have some of our friends there to support,” said Levi about his first home game as a Ranger. “Although we definitely did not play our best game, and we need to step it up for the rest of the season.”

With this win, the boys improve to 6-1 on the season. The next game for the team will prove to be a test. On Tuesday, January 21, the Rangers face off against the Bengals of Ottawa Hills. The Ottawa freshman team is the best that they have been in a long time, and the Rangers will have to battle to continue their dominance in conference play.